Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Ten on Tuesday!

I've seen lots of blogger friends participate in 10 on Tuesday, so thought I'd give it a shot... let's see if I can come up with ten random things for this Tuesday afternoon...

1. I'm still pregnant.
2. I'm miserably pregnant. Haha. Can I put pretty much the same thing in two answers? I'm very uncomfortable... having regular (but not close enough) contractions... lots of pressure... and baby boy has dropped a considerate amount overnight.
3. I have an OB appointment at 9:15 tomorrow. I'm hoping she'll say "Melissa, darling, you're 8 centimeters dilated, let's have you weeble wobble over to L&D and deliver this baby!"
4. I have a new-to-me dining room table. It was my Great Aunt Rose's table... it's nearing 100 years old. It needs to have the wood treated to protect from stains, so my mom & I went on a table cloth/table protector excurison today. Now I love table cloths.
5. Did I mention I was still pregnant? Yeah, yeah, yeah- I suppose this doesn't count. Ok... trying again... Samantha and Maggie were having a good time playing with their baby brother's car seat this morning. Samantha said "I a baby, Mommy! Waa! Waa!"
6. We spent Saturday at different activities in Sioux Falls. I never ususally go to things, but it was fun. My mom and I walked around the arts festival. I critiqued all the jewelry vendors, wondering why they were charging so much for pieces, when I know where the beads were purchased and how much they cost. Then the whole gang went to German Fest... and let me say, I'm now addicted to brats with mustard and roasted corn on the cob, dipped in ooooey gooey butter and sprinkled with garlic salt. Delish!
7. I'm wondering where I can get a yurtzite candle for Yom Kippur this weekend. Sioux Falls doesn't exactly have a Jewish population, and my parents forgot to bring one with them. For some reason, the Jewish temple isn't answering the phone, and I think the lady at the Christian bookstore thought my mom was nuts for asking there!
8. Really, this is only number eight??? Can I change it to two on Tuesday? :) ... let's see, what else? Oh, Brandon and I did manage (ok, mostly Brandon) to tackle my to-do-wish-I'm-nesting-like-crazy list before my parents and girls arrived! The small room is painted blue, Samantha is happily sleeping in her *new* toddler bed that we got from Amber, and eventually Maggie will move over to her *new to her* room with her big sister.
9. My neighbors had a rummage sale this weekend. Rummages are insane in South Dakota! They had it from Thursday through late Sunday afternoon. I find these shenannigans crazy, but they did let us sell a lot of stuff over there, and even though we volunteered to help work it, they said no. We made $75.75! Plus, we got rid of all the junk!
10. Really, number ten, did I skip a number? I made it!! Ok, Ok, Ok... my number 10 is, I'm still pregnant... kidding, folks! I enjoyed a gas-station hot dog for lunch today. I never thought I'd admit it, but yummy. I've become addicted lately! I think it's because they are cooked on those rollers. I don't like microwaved hot dogs, and I don't like grilled hotdogs... but let me pull into a gas station, and I'm game. Weird!

Well I did it! I accomplished 10 random things about my life lately!

Oh, and I want to know who is reading this! Leave me a comment!

Melissa

1 comment:

Kendra said...

I'm reading your blog! I love doing 10 on Tuesday; but with pregnancy brain I always struggle to come up with 10 things!

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Ten on Tuesday!

I've seen lots of blogger friends participate in 10 on Tuesday, so thought I'd give it a shot... let's see if I can come up with ten random things for this Tuesday afternoon...

1. I'm still pregnant.
2. I'm miserably pregnant. Haha. Can I put pretty much the same thing in two answers? I'm very uncomfortable... having regular (but not close enough) contractions... lots of pressure... and baby boy has dropped a considerate amount overnight.
3. I have an OB appointment at 9:15 tomorrow. I'm hoping she'll say "Melissa, darling, you're 8 centimeters dilated, let's have you weeble wobble over to L&D and deliver this baby!"
4. I have a new-to-me dining room table. It was my Great Aunt Rose's table... it's nearing 100 years old. It needs to have the wood treated to protect from stains, so my mom & I went on a table cloth/table protector excurison today. Now I love table cloths.
5. Did I mention I was still pregnant? Yeah, yeah, yeah- I suppose this doesn't count. Ok... trying again... Samantha and Maggie were having a good time playing with their baby brother's car seat this morning. Samantha said "I a baby, Mommy! Waa! Waa!"
6. We spent Saturday at different activities in Sioux Falls. I never ususally go to things, but it was fun. My mom and I walked around the arts festival. I critiqued all the jewelry vendors, wondering why they were charging so much for pieces, when I know where the beads were purchased and how much they cost. Then the whole gang went to German Fest... and let me say, I'm now addicted to brats with mustard and roasted corn on the cob, dipped in ooooey gooey butter and sprinkled with garlic salt. Delish!
7. I'm wondering where I can get a yurtzite candle for Yom Kippur this weekend. Sioux Falls doesn't exactly have a Jewish population, and my parents forgot to bring one with them. For some reason, the Jewish temple isn't answering the phone, and I think the lady at the Christian bookstore thought my mom was nuts for asking there!
8. Really, this is only number eight??? Can I change it to two on Tuesday? :) ... let's see, what else? Oh, Brandon and I did manage (ok, mostly Brandon) to tackle my to-do-wish-I'm-nesting-like-crazy list before my parents and girls arrived! The small room is painted blue, Samantha is happily sleeping in her *new* toddler bed that we got from Amber, and eventually Maggie will move over to her *new to her* room with her big sister.
9. My neighbors had a rummage sale this weekend. Rummages are insane in South Dakota! They had it from Thursday through late Sunday afternoon. I find these shenannigans crazy, but they did let us sell a lot of stuff over there, and even though we volunteered to help work it, they said no. We made $75.75! Plus, we got rid of all the junk!
10. Really, number ten, did I skip a number? I made it!! Ok, Ok, Ok... my number 10 is, I'm still pregnant... kidding, folks! I enjoyed a gas-station hot dog for lunch today. I never thought I'd admit it, but yummy. I've become addicted lately! I think it's because they are cooked on those rollers. I don't like microwaved hot dogs, and I don't like grilled hotdogs... but let me pull into a gas station, and I'm game. Weird!

Well I did it! I accomplished 10 random things about my life lately!

Oh, and I want to know who is reading this! Leave me a comment!

Melissa

1 comment:

Kendra said...

I'm reading your blog! I love doing 10 on Tuesday; but with pregnancy brain I always struggle to come up with 10 things!