Thursday, December 9, 2010

Here I am... Day 2.

It's day 2 here at the Chelsea Community Hospital.

Today, I feel like I've lost a day due to some drug they gave me this morning, that pretty much knocked me out for the day. I don't even remember what it was.

I had 3 different MRIs. I attempted to go to a group meeting, where I left one time to throw up, and a second time because the medicine was causing me to fall asleep at the table... nice, huh? Then I slept most of the day, I felt pretty awful about it.

My lumbar puncture pressures were normal, only one was borderline, but nothing of too much concern. I have another MRI tomorrow, with contrast, so maybe that'll show something different with the Chiari 1 malformation that was found in my brain. Maybe surgery, maybe nothing. These maybe's will become yes or no's pretty soon!

I talked to Samantha today. "I made chippy cookies!" (Chocolate chip cookies) and "Maggie went poo in the potty!" Maggie's 18 months old... I'd like Samantha to take the hint and do so as well!

There's not to much else going on... I'm not looking forward to having my IV changed tomorrow. It took five tries to get this one in, and I just don't have any veins left! They suggested a PICC line, but since I almost died from PICC line complications in May from it being placed too close to my heart and messing with my tachycardia, I don't know if they'll do a PICC line or not. We shall see.

Thank you to everyone for their thoughts and prayers.

Melissa

2 comments:

Kendra said...

They had to do a LP on Klayton and had a hard time finding his veins for his IV-ended up having to put an IV in his neck. I hated watching him go through the pain of all that and how frustrating it is to go through things like that and still have no answers. I hope that all your pokes and prods aren't in vain and they can give you answers so that you can return home before Christmas.

Schluter said...

Hoping you get better! I also had to get a IV last week when I went in for some testing for my headaches. It's been 6 days and my hand is still purple & blue so I totally feel ya!

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Here I am... Day 2.

It's day 2 here at the Chelsea Community Hospital.

Today, I feel like I've lost a day due to some drug they gave me this morning, that pretty much knocked me out for the day. I don't even remember what it was.

I had 3 different MRIs. I attempted to go to a group meeting, where I left one time to throw up, and a second time because the medicine was causing me to fall asleep at the table... nice, huh? Then I slept most of the day, I felt pretty awful about it.

My lumbar puncture pressures were normal, only one was borderline, but nothing of too much concern. I have another MRI tomorrow, with contrast, so maybe that'll show something different with the Chiari 1 malformation that was found in my brain. Maybe surgery, maybe nothing. These maybe's will become yes or no's pretty soon!

I talked to Samantha today. "I made chippy cookies!" (Chocolate chip cookies) and "Maggie went poo in the potty!" Maggie's 18 months old... I'd like Samantha to take the hint and do so as well!

There's not to much else going on... I'm not looking forward to having my IV changed tomorrow. It took five tries to get this one in, and I just don't have any veins left! They suggested a PICC line, but since I almost died from PICC line complications in May from it being placed too close to my heart and messing with my tachycardia, I don't know if they'll do a PICC line or not. We shall see.

Thank you to everyone for their thoughts and prayers.

Melissa

2 comments:

Kendra said...

They had to do a LP on Klayton and had a hard time finding his veins for his IV-ended up having to put an IV in his neck. I hated watching him go through the pain of all that and how frustrating it is to go through things like that and still have no answers. I hope that all your pokes and prods aren't in vain and they can give you answers so that you can return home before Christmas.

Schluter said...

Hoping you get better! I also had to get a IV last week when I went in for some testing for my headaches. It's been 6 days and my hand is still purple & blue so I totally feel ya!