Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Today's the Day.

Open the gate & seize the day... don't be afraid & don't delay... - Newsies
 
On May 17, my life changed.
It was an "Oh my god... oh my god... oh my god" moment.
Where breath leaves you.
Where you know nothing will ever feel the same.
 
I have cancer.
It was caught very early... we're only 100% sure that there is one definite spot & maybe another.
Maybe... Maybe?  
 
I spent last week at World Finals... my mantra, if you will, was "this week is Odyssey, next week is cancer."
 
Well, it's next week. It's Tuesday. It's time to face this.
Today, I start a 3 day scan on my endocrine system.
 
Today, I face this.
Today, I stop hiding.
Today, I try to be brave.
 
... but today, I'm terrified.
 
I don't know what the next few days, weeks, and months will bring...
 
Today is day 1 of cancer.
 
Melissa
 
 
 


1 comment:

Patrick and Charissa said...

We love you Melissa and are keeping you in our thoughts and prayers. You are strong and will persevere.

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Today's the Day.

Open the gate & seize the day... don't be afraid & don't delay... - Newsies
 
On May 17, my life changed.
It was an "Oh my god... oh my god... oh my god" moment.
Where breath leaves you.
Where you know nothing will ever feel the same.
 
I have cancer.
It was caught very early... we're only 100% sure that there is one definite spot & maybe another.
Maybe... Maybe?  
 
I spent last week at World Finals... my mantra, if you will, was "this week is Odyssey, next week is cancer."
 
Well, it's next week. It's Tuesday. It's time to face this.
Today, I start a 3 day scan on my endocrine system.
 
Today, I face this.
Today, I stop hiding.
Today, I try to be brave.
 
... but today, I'm terrified.
 
I don't know what the next few days, weeks, and months will bring...
 
Today is day 1 of cancer.
 
Melissa
 
 
 


1 comment:

Patrick and Charissa said...

We love you Melissa and are keeping you in our thoughts and prayers. You are strong and will persevere.