Wednesday, November 19, 2008

G is for Grateful.

I spent yesterday with Jayme & Jackson Gill at the hospital. He is unfortunately still hospitalized. The doctors believe it's complications from the chemo he received last week. His platelets were very low, and he had to have a blood transfusion. Plus, he's not doing well with eating & drinking... only drinking 25% of what he should be. He was more like himself yesterday though... laughing and watching A Bugs Life. Today I brought Jayme fettucinni for dinner... she called to let me know that Jack was eating it and loving it... so it's a start!
Plus, I've raised $230 thus far for him by selling keychains in his honor!

I feel blessed and Grateful that my family (knock on wood) doesn't have any major complications in life... no cancer, no bad accidents, no death. My grandma is 88 years old, and in good shape for her age, we haven't lost any family members to accidents, and we're healthy. My mother in law has accomplished a lot with her disease... there have been many times that we thought we'd lose her, but now, she's the strongest that I've ever seen her... she's doing well, back to her "old self." No longer "sleeping" through the days. Granted, we all feel stress in our lives... and things do happen that are very upsetting, but for the most part, we're healthy, happy, and alive.
It's strange, because I never think of the blessings we have, until I see those that are suffering with horrible things, such as the Gills. I think I've found more faith in God with this experience... because I pray everyday that Jackson pulls through this... gets better, and never has to deal with cancer again. Plus, Jayme & I were planning Samantha & Jackson's wedding to one another yesterday. (Brandon said too bad, and I believe he's designing a chastity belt for Sam.) Hope for the future!

My daughter is amazing... the word amazing doesn't even begin to describe how I feel about her. It's incredible to see how much she changes every single day. I am grateful for such a wonderful little girl in my life... and an incredible husband to have a family with.

"Mommy- you can be so annoying!"

"But I still love you so I'll smile!"

And now I want in my jumperoo... mostly because I want to go crazy and jump around and make farty noises with my mouth! (hence the "that's not nice" comment that I make!
She CRIED when I took her out of it... silly girl. She quickly fell asleep from all the fun and jumping!

Melissa

No comments:

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

G is for Grateful.

I spent yesterday with Jayme & Jackson Gill at the hospital. He is unfortunately still hospitalized. The doctors believe it's complications from the chemo he received last week. His platelets were very low, and he had to have a blood transfusion. Plus, he's not doing well with eating & drinking... only drinking 25% of what he should be. He was more like himself yesterday though... laughing and watching A Bugs Life. Today I brought Jayme fettucinni for dinner... she called to let me know that Jack was eating it and loving it... so it's a start!
Plus, I've raised $230 thus far for him by selling keychains in his honor!

I feel blessed and Grateful that my family (knock on wood) doesn't have any major complications in life... no cancer, no bad accidents, no death. My grandma is 88 years old, and in good shape for her age, we haven't lost any family members to accidents, and we're healthy. My mother in law has accomplished a lot with her disease... there have been many times that we thought we'd lose her, but now, she's the strongest that I've ever seen her... she's doing well, back to her "old self." No longer "sleeping" through the days. Granted, we all feel stress in our lives... and things do happen that are very upsetting, but for the most part, we're healthy, happy, and alive.
It's strange, because I never think of the blessings we have, until I see those that are suffering with horrible things, such as the Gills. I think I've found more faith in God with this experience... because I pray everyday that Jackson pulls through this... gets better, and never has to deal with cancer again. Plus, Jayme & I were planning Samantha & Jackson's wedding to one another yesterday. (Brandon said too bad, and I believe he's designing a chastity belt for Sam.) Hope for the future!

My daughter is amazing... the word amazing doesn't even begin to describe how I feel about her. It's incredible to see how much she changes every single day. I am grateful for such a wonderful little girl in my life... and an incredible husband to have a family with.

"Mommy- you can be so annoying!"

"But I still love you so I'll smile!"

And now I want in my jumperoo... mostly because I want to go crazy and jump around and make farty noises with my mouth! (hence the "that's not nice" comment that I make!
She CRIED when I took her out of it... silly girl. She quickly fell asleep from all the fun and jumping!

Melissa

No comments: