So Friday night, just after we turned off the light to go to sleep, and slowly had drifted off to sleep, we wake up to a weird squeaking noise by the electrical outlet. I get up, and unplug everything (let's remember I'm sleep deprived and truly thought it was the electrical outlet making the noise). A few minutes later, the noise is back, so Brandon gets up and says that it's probably a bug. Then I hear, "Uhhh, Melissa, it's a bat!" A BAT?! Bats are ridiculously freaky looking! Mouse and bird like. Disgusting. Anyway, Brandon finds a box, and attempts to pick it up, but then realizes that he doesn't want to be bit, so is searching for gloves in his sock drawer. I suggest that he just use socks on his hands. So there's Brandon, bent over trying to scoop the bat into the box (Thank goodness the bat didn't fly)... and then I hear a scream. But not just any scream, a girl scream... and yes, it was coming from my husband! "The bat touched my foot!" He's screaming this from the ground, where he had slipped and fell, and couldn't catch himself because of the socks on his hands. Needless to say, I was cowered on the bed, watching Maggie to make sure the bat didn't get near the cradle. Brandon did finally get the bat in the box, and let the icky thing out in the yard. It flew away to his little bat home, hopefully never to return!
Melissa
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment