Friday, August 21, 2009

What Season is it?

My sunflowers finally bloomed!!! These dwarf flowers, grew to over 8 feet tall in our backyard... insane! But now they look beautiful with the great petals and wonderful smell. I think this summer we've had about a week of actual summer weather... I swear it feels more like fall here. It was in the SIXTIES yesterday. Beautiful, yes... but what happened to summer?

The girls are growing and changing everyday.... of course! Maggie smiles a lot, and is trying to roll over already. She sleeps through the night... well, her night... 8ish- 3 am, and then back down until atleast 7. Samantha is really testing our patience lately with sleeping.... she goes down with a fight, and then starts screaming sometime during the night. Nothing seems to calm her down, unless she sleeps in our bed. I never thought I'd do that! It is semi-amusing to wake up to her pushing on my nose going "beep!"

Brandon's grandma, Nana, has been in a comatose state for almost a week... we moved her to hospice and decided not to do anything... just make her comfortable as she passes on. Wouldn't you know, she woke up last night, complaining that she was thirsty and needed to go to the bathroom. So who knows what will happen. She's definitely come back from the brink before, so this could be another one of those instances... or just the calm before the storm. Regardless, we are praying for a peaceful death for her... she's been very miserable lately.

Melissa

No comments:

Friday, August 21, 2009

What Season is it?

My sunflowers finally bloomed!!! These dwarf flowers, grew to over 8 feet tall in our backyard... insane! But now they look beautiful with the great petals and wonderful smell. I think this summer we've had about a week of actual summer weather... I swear it feels more like fall here. It was in the SIXTIES yesterday. Beautiful, yes... but what happened to summer?

The girls are growing and changing everyday.... of course! Maggie smiles a lot, and is trying to roll over already. She sleeps through the night... well, her night... 8ish- 3 am, and then back down until atleast 7. Samantha is really testing our patience lately with sleeping.... she goes down with a fight, and then starts screaming sometime during the night. Nothing seems to calm her down, unless she sleeps in our bed. I never thought I'd do that! It is semi-amusing to wake up to her pushing on my nose going "beep!"

Brandon's grandma, Nana, has been in a comatose state for almost a week... we moved her to hospice and decided not to do anything... just make her comfortable as she passes on. Wouldn't you know, she woke up last night, complaining that she was thirsty and needed to go to the bathroom. So who knows what will happen. She's definitely come back from the brink before, so this could be another one of those instances... or just the calm before the storm. Regardless, we are praying for a peaceful death for her... she's been very miserable lately.

Melissa

No comments: