Friday, May 7, 2010

Show Us Your Life- Kid's Names.


I really like to read this one stay-at-home mom's blog. I got hooked on it when I was pregnant with Maggie, for Kelly's newborn was having some difficulty. Now, Harper, is doing great, and I continue to read about her daily life as a stay-at-home mom and wife.

Today's "Show Us Your Life" on her blog is Kid's Names... I've never participated in a show us your life before, but what a perfect time to do so... for, I need help choosing a girl's name by Tuesday!!

Let's start with my current children:

Samantha Kennedy
Samantha is named for my paternal Grandfather, Samuel, and Brandon's maternal Grandfather, Robert Kenneth. When I was little, I always said I would name my first child "Sam" whether a boy or a girl... so when we found out we were pregnant with Sam, we said the name would either be Samuel Kenneth or Samantha Kennedy... carrying on family names... well, obviously, our first child is a girl, hence our Samantha.

Margaret Kathryn (Maggie)
Maggie is named for my maternal Grandmother, Margaret, and Brandon's favorite aunt, Kathryn (Kathy). We call her Maggie for short, and up to this point, I don't think she knows that her name is Margaret... but, she's starting to test the waters at 11 months, so I have a feeling that she'll be hearing "MARGARET KATHRYN!," soon!

Now, let's move on to the current little baby growing in my tummy:

For a boy, I've always liked the name Gavin... so, if on Tuesday, we find out we're actually having a boy, his name will be-

Gavin Arthur Cavnor
Gavin is my maternal Grandmother's maiden name, and I've always wanted a child named Gavin because of this. Arthur was Brandon's great-grandfather, and Cavnor is his mom's maiden name, and also his second middle name. He's carrying on the maiden name since none of my mother-in-laws siblings had any boys! (Because of this, Brandon thinks he is destined to only have daughters!)

Now... the tough part. We just can't settle on a girl's name... and since I am a spaz and want to have a name picked out for the big announcement on Tuesday, I need help deciding. Brandon and I like all three names... but can't decide which one it'll be... so help!!!

The choices are:

* Mary Clara *
The baby will be called Mary Clara, not just Mary.
Mary is my grandma's middle name, and Clara is my great-great grandmother and a great-great aunt on Brandon's dad's side.

* Lucille Mae *
"Lucy"
Lucille is Brandon's great aunt, and my mother-in-law's favorite aunt. Mae is my mom's middle name. Although she dislikes her middle name, I love it. Has a ring to it!

* Elka Kaye *
Elka is my great-grandmother on my dad's side, and Kaye is my mother-in-law's middle name.

Hopefully by doing this, I'll attract some new readers, and get more input!
So blogging world... what do you think? What girl's name do you like best? Like I said, Brandon and I like all of them, but just can't seem to choose! It was never this difficult with Samantha & Maggie... but we're running out of family "girl" names!

Melissa

5 comments:

Stefanie said...

Hi! I jumped over from Kelly's blog. My vote is for Elka. It's very unique. Plus I think it's pretty too especially with the middle name. Congrats!!

Jessica said...

How exciting! I vote for Lucille Mae... Because: 1. Lucy is the greatest little name ever (My 1st born is Lucy) and we almost named our second Penny Mae (we settled on Penny Lane, how could we not :-)

Lucy Mae is too cute :-)

Darling family!

Kendra said...

I like Lucille Mae...(I'm a new reader, I jumped over from Kelly's Korner...I actually live in Tea which is crazy and I get to find out what I am having on the 28th!

Gina said...

lucille mae. lucy is one of the cutest names ever.

Beth said...

Came over from Kelly's blog too.

LOVE the name Lucille Mae, it's gorgeous!

And sounds like you'll be Super (Busy) Mom when you have #3 - but no worries, the third is easiest, by FAR! (I have 3 boys, ages 3 and under).

Enjoy those babies!

Friday, May 7, 2010

Show Us Your Life- Kid's Names.


I really like to read this one stay-at-home mom's blog. I got hooked on it when I was pregnant with Maggie, for Kelly's newborn was having some difficulty. Now, Harper, is doing great, and I continue to read about her daily life as a stay-at-home mom and wife.

Today's "Show Us Your Life" on her blog is Kid's Names... I've never participated in a show us your life before, but what a perfect time to do so... for, I need help choosing a girl's name by Tuesday!!

Let's start with my current children:

Samantha Kennedy
Samantha is named for my paternal Grandfather, Samuel, and Brandon's maternal Grandfather, Robert Kenneth. When I was little, I always said I would name my first child "Sam" whether a boy or a girl... so when we found out we were pregnant with Sam, we said the name would either be Samuel Kenneth or Samantha Kennedy... carrying on family names... well, obviously, our first child is a girl, hence our Samantha.

Margaret Kathryn (Maggie)
Maggie is named for my maternal Grandmother, Margaret, and Brandon's favorite aunt, Kathryn (Kathy). We call her Maggie for short, and up to this point, I don't think she knows that her name is Margaret... but, she's starting to test the waters at 11 months, so I have a feeling that she'll be hearing "MARGARET KATHRYN!," soon!

Now, let's move on to the current little baby growing in my tummy:

For a boy, I've always liked the name Gavin... so, if on Tuesday, we find out we're actually having a boy, his name will be-

Gavin Arthur Cavnor
Gavin is my maternal Grandmother's maiden name, and I've always wanted a child named Gavin because of this. Arthur was Brandon's great-grandfather, and Cavnor is his mom's maiden name, and also his second middle name. He's carrying on the maiden name since none of my mother-in-laws siblings had any boys! (Because of this, Brandon thinks he is destined to only have daughters!)

Now... the tough part. We just can't settle on a girl's name... and since I am a spaz and want to have a name picked out for the big announcement on Tuesday, I need help deciding. Brandon and I like all three names... but can't decide which one it'll be... so help!!!

The choices are:

* Mary Clara *
The baby will be called Mary Clara, not just Mary.
Mary is my grandma's middle name, and Clara is my great-great grandmother and a great-great aunt on Brandon's dad's side.

* Lucille Mae *
"Lucy"
Lucille is Brandon's great aunt, and my mother-in-law's favorite aunt. Mae is my mom's middle name. Although she dislikes her middle name, I love it. Has a ring to it!

* Elka Kaye *
Elka is my great-grandmother on my dad's side, and Kaye is my mother-in-law's middle name.

Hopefully by doing this, I'll attract some new readers, and get more input!
So blogging world... what do you think? What girl's name do you like best? Like I said, Brandon and I like all of them, but just can't seem to choose! It was never this difficult with Samantha & Maggie... but we're running out of family "girl" names!

Melissa

5 comments:

Stefanie said...

Hi! I jumped over from Kelly's blog. My vote is for Elka. It's very unique. Plus I think it's pretty too especially with the middle name. Congrats!!

Jessica said...

How exciting! I vote for Lucille Mae... Because: 1. Lucy is the greatest little name ever (My 1st born is Lucy) and we almost named our second Penny Mae (we settled on Penny Lane, how could we not :-)

Lucy Mae is too cute :-)

Darling family!

Kendra said...

I like Lucille Mae...(I'm a new reader, I jumped over from Kelly's Korner...I actually live in Tea which is crazy and I get to find out what I am having on the 28th!

Gina said...

lucille mae. lucy is one of the cutest names ever.

Beth said...

Came over from Kelly's blog too.

LOVE the name Lucille Mae, it's gorgeous!

And sounds like you'll be Super (Busy) Mom when you have #3 - but no worries, the third is easiest, by FAR! (I have 3 boys, ages 3 and under).

Enjoy those babies!