Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Ten on Tuesday.

It's been awhile since I've done one of these.. let's see if I can get all ten.

1. I'm obsessed with Pandora Internet Radio. I programmed in "Ewan McGregor and Nicole Kidman," "Wicked", "Newsies", and "Beatles." Pandora gets me. Show tunes, the Beatles, and Glee. Ah-mazing.

2. I've been doing some work for Odyssey of the Mind already. I updated my website, and added some things, and I worked on a flyer for Alumni... it's really cute, and hopefully will get more college students involved in Odyssey of the Mind, again! I also wrote a letter to Mike Tomlin, the Pittsburgh Steelers coach, asking if he'd like to attend World Finals next year. Tomlin is an OMER alumni. Fingers crossed! I sent an OMER with the letter, in hopes that would get it to his desk, instead of in a pile of fan mail.


3. I've also become obsessed with "Words with Friends. (aka Scrabble on your smart phone!)" My friend, Chris, got me into it. He's super intelligent and kicks my butt everytime... which I don't like. I don't like losing. Soooo, I do alot of random opponent games. But, if you have the app, look for me: melrjacobs!

4. I find it strange when my OMER friends in Mexico post to Facebook... when they do it in Spanish, I have to use an English-Spanish translator online. As I told my friend, Juan, my Spanish teacher in high school sounded like this (picture a really heavy southern accent): OOO-law. Komo estAaaa? Moooey Bien. And sometimes, when they comment or like anything I've posted, it informs me in Spanish. Bizarre. My Mexican friends say I should start learning Spanish... ha.

5. There are lots of changes in my house right now.

6. I ended up in the ER on Saturday. I am having severe chest pain, and my left side keeps going numb. It feels like when your foot falls asleep and then you try putting pressure on it. Ouch. After six attempts to get an IV started (the record is 9), I had a lung test, a chest xray, and ultrasound on my legs. Bloodclots were ruled out. Everytime I get up, I get really dizzy, and my heart rate increases a lot. The ER doctor wanted me to stay in the hospital, but I talked him into letting me go home. I'm still having the same problems, so my family doctor said if by tomorrow it's not better, to go back in. Fabulous.

7. I'm running out of things to say. Maggie had her 2 year check up last week. My sweet girl weighs 34 pounds! (Samantha is only 3 pounds heavier.) She got 5 shots, and was not happy... until the nurse gave her three Scooby Doo stickers. She was told to share them with her brother and sister, but of course immediately put them on her shirt, smiled big, and said gleefully "DOO!"

8. We got rid of our cat, Emma. She went back to her original owner, who was very happy to take her back.

9. 2011 is by far the most stress filled year for me.

10. Funny Samanthaism:
Mommy, I have a small mouth.
Mommy, you have a big mouth.

Melissa


No comments:

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Ten on Tuesday.

It's been awhile since I've done one of these.. let's see if I can get all ten.

1. I'm obsessed with Pandora Internet Radio. I programmed in "Ewan McGregor and Nicole Kidman," "Wicked", "Newsies", and "Beatles." Pandora gets me. Show tunes, the Beatles, and Glee. Ah-mazing.

2. I've been doing some work for Odyssey of the Mind already. I updated my website, and added some things, and I worked on a flyer for Alumni... it's really cute, and hopefully will get more college students involved in Odyssey of the Mind, again! I also wrote a letter to Mike Tomlin, the Pittsburgh Steelers coach, asking if he'd like to attend World Finals next year. Tomlin is an OMER alumni. Fingers crossed! I sent an OMER with the letter, in hopes that would get it to his desk, instead of in a pile of fan mail.


3. I've also become obsessed with "Words with Friends. (aka Scrabble on your smart phone!)" My friend, Chris, got me into it. He's super intelligent and kicks my butt everytime... which I don't like. I don't like losing. Soooo, I do alot of random opponent games. But, if you have the app, look for me: melrjacobs!

4. I find it strange when my OMER friends in Mexico post to Facebook... when they do it in Spanish, I have to use an English-Spanish translator online. As I told my friend, Juan, my Spanish teacher in high school sounded like this (picture a really heavy southern accent): OOO-law. Komo estAaaa? Moooey Bien. And sometimes, when they comment or like anything I've posted, it informs me in Spanish. Bizarre. My Mexican friends say I should start learning Spanish... ha.

5. There are lots of changes in my house right now.

6. I ended up in the ER on Saturday. I am having severe chest pain, and my left side keeps going numb. It feels like when your foot falls asleep and then you try putting pressure on it. Ouch. After six attempts to get an IV started (the record is 9), I had a lung test, a chest xray, and ultrasound on my legs. Bloodclots were ruled out. Everytime I get up, I get really dizzy, and my heart rate increases a lot. The ER doctor wanted me to stay in the hospital, but I talked him into letting me go home. I'm still having the same problems, so my family doctor said if by tomorrow it's not better, to go back in. Fabulous.

7. I'm running out of things to say. Maggie had her 2 year check up last week. My sweet girl weighs 34 pounds! (Samantha is only 3 pounds heavier.) She got 5 shots, and was not happy... until the nurse gave her three Scooby Doo stickers. She was told to share them with her brother and sister, but of course immediately put them on her shirt, smiled big, and said gleefully "DOO!"

8. We got rid of our cat, Emma. She went back to her original owner, who was very happy to take her back.

9. 2011 is by far the most stress filled year for me.

10. Funny Samanthaism:
Mommy, I have a small mouth.
Mommy, you have a big mouth.

Melissa


No comments: