Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Look-a-like.

I find it comical.

Everyone says that Samantha and Gavin look just like Brandon. Yes, I can see why they say that... but then you look at my baby pictures, and there's just no resemblance. They look like me.

My mom saves everything. And then hands it over to me. I'm not such a pack rat, but I did find one of her keep forever items... the dress I wore for my 1st birthday pictures. And, this may come back to haunt my sweet baby boy when he has his first girlfriend, but for now, it's comical.


Yup, folks- that's Gavin in the same dress... my little look-a-like.

Speaking of look-a-likes, I find it also very amusing, when people tell me they can see how I'm related to my dad. I find it great, and a compliment. My dad's pretty handsome if you ask me. Adoption, or no adoption, we do look alike, and I think it's great we resemble one another. See, blood makes no difference in a family.

Melissa

1 comment:

tracy said...

My kids are a pretty good mix and their baby pics are almost identical--everyone says Wy looks like my dad (not me) and now they say Mags looks like Kev.

My friends have 2 adopted kids from different parents and it's crazy how they look likeeach other and like their dad! I think God knows what he's doing!

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Look-a-like.

I find it comical.

Everyone says that Samantha and Gavin look just like Brandon. Yes, I can see why they say that... but then you look at my baby pictures, and there's just no resemblance. They look like me.

My mom saves everything. And then hands it over to me. I'm not such a pack rat, but I did find one of her keep forever items... the dress I wore for my 1st birthday pictures. And, this may come back to haunt my sweet baby boy when he has his first girlfriend, but for now, it's comical.


Yup, folks- that's Gavin in the same dress... my little look-a-like.

Speaking of look-a-likes, I find it also very amusing, when people tell me they can see how I'm related to my dad. I find it great, and a compliment. My dad's pretty handsome if you ask me. Adoption, or no adoption, we do look alike, and I think it's great we resemble one another. See, blood makes no difference in a family.

Melissa

1 comment:

tracy said...

My kids are a pretty good mix and their baby pics are almost identical--everyone says Wy looks like my dad (not me) and now they say Mags looks like Kev.

My friends have 2 adopted kids from different parents and it's crazy how they look likeeach other and like their dad! I think God knows what he's doing!