It's 7:24 am on December 30.
The year 2011 is coming to a close. It's been quite a year.
I'm watching my kids, play with their abundance of Christmas gifts. The latest addition, a princess piano/ vanity and little people pirate ship. Gavin just stopped by the table to snag another ritz cracker, and he's off again to bug his sisters and make more noise. Their innocence keeps me going, makes me realize, that they have no idea just how crazy mommy's year was. So much left unsaid on here. So much left in my heart.
I reflect on the craziness. My doubts. My worries. I think of the future. The unknown. And the craziness that's undoubtedly still to come. But I continue to look at them. And their innocence. They'll keep playing. They'll keep smiling. They'll keep growing up, laughing, smiling. And I'll keep being strong, for them.
So much happened this year, as I guess it does every year. The kids grew another year older- Samantha's now three, potty trained, and smarter than ever. Maggie is 2, speaking more, and so adventurous. Gavin is one. Walking, talking, saying uh-oh, mama, and dada. We moved. Just a few streets. Hoping for some stress relief. Maybe next year. The pain, remains. Again, maybe 2012 will provide more solutions. I spent a lot of this year questioning so much, and not coming up with a lot of answers.
Here's to a better 2012.
Melissa
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment