Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Ten on Tuesday!

1. It is Tuesday, right? Things have been hectic, as usual.

2. I purchased a new vehicle yesterday! The van was starting to have problems, and guess what? Yep, the warranty just ended. Soooooo, now I have a 2012 Chevy Traverse!

We actually looked at these when we purchased the Quest, but couldn't afford one at that time. Times have changed, and here you go... it has 3rd row seats, and middle row bucket seats, so it's like a van, just a lot cooler... and I don't feel so soccer mom-ish.

3. Have I mentioned that I found a new place to sell my jewelry?
The business is still growing, but I'm glad I got in at the ground floor... because they aren't accepting anymore jewelry vendors. They are calling their business "a year round arts & crafts festival", but they also sell antiques, and random stuff. It's eclectic, just my style, and I'm excited about the potential!

4. Maggie is already showing improvement at home with some different techniques the speech therapist gave me at the meeting we had. She never said her name, always just said "Ma." The therapist suggested that we clap the syllables of different words. Now she says "Maaa-Me." A step in the right direction! I'm one proud Mama!

5. I'm also working on potty training with Maggie. Every kid goes at their own pace, but the people that screened her for disabilities, seemed to think that being 3 and not potty trained was absolutely "ridiculous." (Their word.) Soooo, she's been showing interest for quite some time, but never follows through with a total interest. This weekend, we purchased some big girl undies. She picked out Rapunzel and Minnie undies. Yesterday, she peed in 3 pair, before we both became frustrated and went back in a pull up. She has the concept down, but doesn't like asking for help (just like her mother). So, she would head to the potty, sit down, and forget to take off her underwear. So, we're trying it again today. *Fingers Crossed* for some progress! Slow and steady!

6. We purchased Samantha's school supplies this weekend... and WHOA!
All of this... for preschool!
And I have a feeling, we were supposed to buy two of everything, since she's in 2 different programs at the same school.

7. Ready for a hilarious Samanthaism?

Sam: "Coota looda doo!"
Me: "What in the world does that mean?"
Sam: "It's my secret way of saying hell."
Me: "It's not a secret any longer. You just told me."
Sam: "Oh, COOTA LOODA DOO!"
Me: "Samantha Kennedy Jacobs, don't say that again!"
Sam: "Fine."

8. Today is Grandpa Joel's birthday! Happy Birthday, Daddy.
The kiddos and their fabulous Mommy, created a video for him.

9. Gavin likes the new car...
He also likes repeating everything  anyone says. But a lot of the time, it's different.
For instance, the girls were singing "Scooby Dooby Doo."
Gavin repeated, singing "Boobie, boobie boo!"

Also, the other day at Target, we were walking through the store, and Gavin pointed at a woman, and said "hor!"
She stopped, looked at me with a less than happy expression and said,
"Did your son just call me a whore?"
I laughed. Then I explained that he was pointing at the polo logo on her shirt, a horse, and saying "hor" for horse.

Hilarious. For me. Not for the woman, who I'm pretty sure has a guilty conscience.

10. And finally, number ten...
Have a happy Tuesday!

Melissa

3 comments:

Kendra said...

Number 9=hilarious!

hollie marie said...

Haha I love that you go through cars faster than anyone I know..... Since 2005 I've had the same car (despite many protests for a new one!). What number car is this for you?? :)

Mel said...

This is vehicle #10.

Cressida
Saturn
Beetle(oh, how I miss this car)
Compass
G6
Aztec
Envoy
Avalon
Quest
Traverse

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Ten on Tuesday!

1. It is Tuesday, right? Things have been hectic, as usual.

2. I purchased a new vehicle yesterday! The van was starting to have problems, and guess what? Yep, the warranty just ended. Soooooo, now I have a 2012 Chevy Traverse!

We actually looked at these when we purchased the Quest, but couldn't afford one at that time. Times have changed, and here you go... it has 3rd row seats, and middle row bucket seats, so it's like a van, just a lot cooler... and I don't feel so soccer mom-ish.

3. Have I mentioned that I found a new place to sell my jewelry?
The business is still growing, but I'm glad I got in at the ground floor... because they aren't accepting anymore jewelry vendors. They are calling their business "a year round arts & crafts festival", but they also sell antiques, and random stuff. It's eclectic, just my style, and I'm excited about the potential!

4. Maggie is already showing improvement at home with some different techniques the speech therapist gave me at the meeting we had. She never said her name, always just said "Ma." The therapist suggested that we clap the syllables of different words. Now she says "Maaa-Me." A step in the right direction! I'm one proud Mama!

5. I'm also working on potty training with Maggie. Every kid goes at their own pace, but the people that screened her for disabilities, seemed to think that being 3 and not potty trained was absolutely "ridiculous." (Their word.) Soooo, she's been showing interest for quite some time, but never follows through with a total interest. This weekend, we purchased some big girl undies. She picked out Rapunzel and Minnie undies. Yesterday, she peed in 3 pair, before we both became frustrated and went back in a pull up. She has the concept down, but doesn't like asking for help (just like her mother). So, she would head to the potty, sit down, and forget to take off her underwear. So, we're trying it again today. *Fingers Crossed* for some progress! Slow and steady!

6. We purchased Samantha's school supplies this weekend... and WHOA!
All of this... for preschool!
And I have a feeling, we were supposed to buy two of everything, since she's in 2 different programs at the same school.

7. Ready for a hilarious Samanthaism?

Sam: "Coota looda doo!"
Me: "What in the world does that mean?"
Sam: "It's my secret way of saying hell."
Me: "It's not a secret any longer. You just told me."
Sam: "Oh, COOTA LOODA DOO!"
Me: "Samantha Kennedy Jacobs, don't say that again!"
Sam: "Fine."

8. Today is Grandpa Joel's birthday! Happy Birthday, Daddy.
The kiddos and their fabulous Mommy, created a video for him.

9. Gavin likes the new car...
He also likes repeating everything  anyone says. But a lot of the time, it's different.
For instance, the girls were singing "Scooby Dooby Doo."
Gavin repeated, singing "Boobie, boobie boo!"

Also, the other day at Target, we were walking through the store, and Gavin pointed at a woman, and said "hor!"
She stopped, looked at me with a less than happy expression and said,
"Did your son just call me a whore?"
I laughed. Then I explained that he was pointing at the polo logo on her shirt, a horse, and saying "hor" for horse.

Hilarious. For me. Not for the woman, who I'm pretty sure has a guilty conscience.

10. And finally, number ten...
Have a happy Tuesday!

Melissa

3 comments:

Kendra said...

Number 9=hilarious!

hollie marie said...

Haha I love that you go through cars faster than anyone I know..... Since 2005 I've had the same car (despite many protests for a new one!). What number car is this for you?? :)

Mel said...

This is vehicle #10.

Cressida
Saturn
Beetle(oh, how I miss this car)
Compass
G6
Aztec
Envoy
Avalon
Quest
Traverse