Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Breathe In... Breathe Out...


Today was a stressful day... and now that my heart rate has returned to normal, I'm trying to relax enough so that I can fall into a deep sleep, long enough without having to get up for another pregnancy pee!


I had my 34 week check up today at the OB. Samantha's heart rate wasn't "normal" when the doctor checked it out. So, they sent me up to the 4th floor, where all the monitoring and ultrasounds are completed, to be hooked up to a heart monitor to monitor Sam's heartrate. When the doctor checked it at the appointment, it was only 120, and it didn't increase when she moved... when they monitored it, it ranged from 120-145... so apparently that's "good." I'm not really sure all aspects of fetal heartrates, but I was sent home, with instructions to actually try to relax.


Relax? I just don't know what that means! Yesterday, Brandon started the lawn mower for me, so that I could mow the lawn. He kept saying that I couldn't do it, but finally I won the battle. I'm so tired of not being able to do little things... like carrying the laundry down to the basement. And I wanted so badly to help paint the nursery, but couldn't due to the paint fumes. Not being a normal functioning human is really starting to get to me.


6 weeks left in this pregnancy. I know I should enjoy the time off that I have now, and really rest, because I won't be resting once Samantha makes her entrance into the world! And things keep turning "bad" with my check ups. My blood pressure is high, her heartrate is low, I'm having panic attacks... gah.


So, my goal is to take more control over my emotions and this pregnancy, and really listen. I need to enjoy the last 6 weeks.
We'll see what happens.



2 comments:

hollie marie said...

Enjoy your last few weeks!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

LOOK AT THIS SECRET BLOG I DISCOVERED OF YOURS MISSY!

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Breathe In... Breathe Out...


Today was a stressful day... and now that my heart rate has returned to normal, I'm trying to relax enough so that I can fall into a deep sleep, long enough without having to get up for another pregnancy pee!


I had my 34 week check up today at the OB. Samantha's heart rate wasn't "normal" when the doctor checked it out. So, they sent me up to the 4th floor, where all the monitoring and ultrasounds are completed, to be hooked up to a heart monitor to monitor Sam's heartrate. When the doctor checked it at the appointment, it was only 120, and it didn't increase when she moved... when they monitored it, it ranged from 120-145... so apparently that's "good." I'm not really sure all aspects of fetal heartrates, but I was sent home, with instructions to actually try to relax.


Relax? I just don't know what that means! Yesterday, Brandon started the lawn mower for me, so that I could mow the lawn. He kept saying that I couldn't do it, but finally I won the battle. I'm so tired of not being able to do little things... like carrying the laundry down to the basement. And I wanted so badly to help paint the nursery, but couldn't due to the paint fumes. Not being a normal functioning human is really starting to get to me.


6 weeks left in this pregnancy. I know I should enjoy the time off that I have now, and really rest, because I won't be resting once Samantha makes her entrance into the world! And things keep turning "bad" with my check ups. My blood pressure is high, her heartrate is low, I'm having panic attacks... gah.


So, my goal is to take more control over my emotions and this pregnancy, and really listen. I need to enjoy the last 6 weeks.
We'll see what happens.



2 comments:

hollie marie said...

Enjoy your last few weeks!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

LOOK AT THIS SECRET BLOG I DISCOVERED OF YOURS MISSY!