My self awareness has become that I am entirely large.
... a little girl was walking by our house yesterday with her family... she got about a house or two past us, and asked her mother "mommy, why is that lady soooooo fat?!" #1, at this point, I'm already feeling like a large whale. I can barely move, get off the couch on my own, or walk normally. #2, the girl's mother wasn't exactly thin... I wanted to yell "I'm pregnant, what's your mom's excuse?!"
... Instead, I made Brandon tell me I was beautiful. And shed a few tears. Damn hormones.
I'm sooooo ready to be done. She can come any day. I'm exhausted. I can't sleep. I can't stop thinking about labor... strike that, it's more than thinking, it's over-analyzing, and having nightmares over the whole concept.
I barely fit into any of my maternity clothes. I went to take a picture to update all my far-away friends on my belly... but I looked absolutely ridiculous, and deleted the picture immediately. I guess it doesn't help that I don't do my hair anymore... it's showered, dried, and thrown up right away. And I can't remember when I last wore make up. I'll have to tomorrow because of many different things I have to accomplish, which means I actually will leave the house... haha, but other than that, I'm turning into a recluse.
There's other things on my mind as well... Brandon & I are trying to get things settled with some of them, so hopefully there will be positive resolution this week with a few things that have been stressing us out.
I did successfully pack for the hosptial. I think. I'll probably forget 10 things, and make Brandon run back and forth to the house and hospital to get them all... but I attempted to follow the lists that came in the many free magazines I've received lately. :) Good thing the hospital is like 1/2 a mile to a mile away... haha.
I have another OB appointment on Wednesday. I don't like them now... because they "check me" each time. It's so very uncomfortable. Hopefully there will be futher dilation, and she'll say, how bout we have this baby in 2 days... I say 2 so that my parents have time to get here! :)
More later,
Melissa
7 years ago
1 comment:
Dear heart- you're pregnant!!! It's hard to see your toes because you're growing a human in your belly. :) It's the most beautiful, wonderful miracle there is, and it's temporary!
Just dont step on the scale immediately after delivery- we give you so much IV fluid, you'll gain as much as you lose.
Things to bring:
1. PJs. Comfy comfy PJs. (and for that matter, comfy underthings as well. Sports bras are perfect.)
2. Baby clothes
3. Toiletries... your own soap, shampoo, lotion, etc.
4. Towels, washcloths
5. Munchies (for after delivery)
6. Your own pillow
7. Ear plugs (a must!)
And then whatever B needs. (not nearly as important- haha :)
Love you!!!
Post a Comment