Thursday, June 19, 2008

Waiting Game.



For any of you that know me, I'm probably one of the most impatient people that you know... my parents call me "Microwave Melissa," because I want everything done immediately. If I think it, it must happen. (Other than cleaning... never have the motivation for that!)

Well, I was at the OB on Wednesday... I'm 1 cm dialated and 70% effaced, and having slightly painful contractions. Now for some, this could mean a delivery tomorrow. For others, it could mean not a delivery until the due date, which is 3 weeks away! Me, I want an exact answer. So does my father.

My parents want to be here when Samantha enters the world... (ok, so not in the room, because lets face it- that's disgusting... but at the hospital, and able to know the ins and outs of everything that is going on with the labor process.) Since I'm already starting to contract, dilate, and efface, my father wants a more exact time, and can't take the answer "Nature has to run its course!" I as well would love to know the exact details of what is going to happen, but can face the reality that we really won't know unless it's a scheduled induction or c-section!

So, my mother is going crazy. My dad calls me daily, and emails as well... and my mother has to sit there and tolerate his crazy mind. She thinks they'll be leaving this weekend. I guess it doesn't help that their neighbor has worked in L&D for years, and is telling my mom to go ahead and go...

... Gah. I hate waiting. I want my little girl here when she's ready to be here... healthy and perfect, of course! However, I'm ready to be done! :)

I'm going to get back to cleaning my house... lets face it... she really could come tomorrow, or it could be 3 weeks, but my house should probably be clean before my parents get here. BLAH!

Melissa

No comments:

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Waiting Game.



For any of you that know me, I'm probably one of the most impatient people that you know... my parents call me "Microwave Melissa," because I want everything done immediately. If I think it, it must happen. (Other than cleaning... never have the motivation for that!)

Well, I was at the OB on Wednesday... I'm 1 cm dialated and 70% effaced, and having slightly painful contractions. Now for some, this could mean a delivery tomorrow. For others, it could mean not a delivery until the due date, which is 3 weeks away! Me, I want an exact answer. So does my father.

My parents want to be here when Samantha enters the world... (ok, so not in the room, because lets face it- that's disgusting... but at the hospital, and able to know the ins and outs of everything that is going on with the labor process.) Since I'm already starting to contract, dilate, and efface, my father wants a more exact time, and can't take the answer "Nature has to run its course!" I as well would love to know the exact details of what is going to happen, but can face the reality that we really won't know unless it's a scheduled induction or c-section!

So, my mother is going crazy. My dad calls me daily, and emails as well... and my mother has to sit there and tolerate his crazy mind. She thinks they'll be leaving this weekend. I guess it doesn't help that their neighbor has worked in L&D for years, and is telling my mom to go ahead and go...

... Gah. I hate waiting. I want my little girl here when she's ready to be here... healthy and perfect, of course! However, I'm ready to be done! :)

I'm going to get back to cleaning my house... lets face it... she really could come tomorrow, or it could be 3 weeks, but my house should probably be clean before my parents get here. BLAH!

Melissa

No comments: