Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Pondering

Someone asked me today if I would be happier back in Augusta.

So now I'm pondering the idea. I think the answer isn't straight forward, but rather a yes and a no.

Yes, I would have friends there, people I know, places I know, family. However, many of my friends haven't really "grown up" yet... and I think I'd feel out of place as the married gal with a child. I'm a home-body. I don't go out much. This could be because of my lack of friends here, however, I enjoy being home, doing random things around the house, etc.

Plus, moving would be a stressor in itself. We'd have to fix our house up, put it on the market, SELL IT, find jobs down there, and get down there... so that's where my main red flag comes in to play. Too much stress.

I don't know where I belong now. I don't feel a part of the community here... I don't have many friends... pretty much one friend, who is busy most of the time... and I've been gone so long from down there that I don't always feel like I belong when I'm visiting. I feel as if I'm only a visitor.

Anyway- that was my pondering of the question should I move...

Melissa

No comments:

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Pondering

Someone asked me today if I would be happier back in Augusta.

So now I'm pondering the idea. I think the answer isn't straight forward, but rather a yes and a no.

Yes, I would have friends there, people I know, places I know, family. However, many of my friends haven't really "grown up" yet... and I think I'd feel out of place as the married gal with a child. I'm a home-body. I don't go out much. This could be because of my lack of friends here, however, I enjoy being home, doing random things around the house, etc.

Plus, moving would be a stressor in itself. We'd have to fix our house up, put it on the market, SELL IT, find jobs down there, and get down there... so that's where my main red flag comes in to play. Too much stress.

I don't know where I belong now. I don't feel a part of the community here... I don't have many friends... pretty much one friend, who is busy most of the time... and I've been gone so long from down there that I don't always feel like I belong when I'm visiting. I feel as if I'm only a visitor.

Anyway- that was my pondering of the question should I move...

Melissa

No comments: