The other day, I did the last 10 years survey thing, and today, I can't help but think about years, and what they do, how they make you the person you are, and how time changes many things.
My parents will be married for 39 years on Saturday. In a time when the divorce rate is higher than the marriage rate, my parents have proven that marriage does work- through it all. They had so many differences going in to their marriage- religion, economics, geographical area, etc. However, through the differences they found their love for one another. Times have been trying for them, I'm sure. They are for every marriage/relationship. But, my parents have proven, that with love, anything can be overcome. When Brandon and I are arguing, and we're mad, I stop and think of my parents. I'm sure they had a lot of the same little fights, and they conquered them, moved on, and grew stronger.

My parents: Rita & Joel Anderson
Brandon and I have been struggling lately with things... life is so different with Samantha here, and with my post partum depression, I haven't exactly been a joy to be around. However, even with our struggles, we're overcoming them, because we know what we have is more important that any fight. We're in this for the long haul. We've made a committment to one another, for life. We remind ourselves of our vows, and live each day with more love. Three years is nothing in comparison to 39, but it's a start.
I have marriage on my mind today... things are very crazy with some that I love, and I just want to think of the positive couples in my life, and be thankful that Brandon and I truly love one another, and accept one another for who we are, and what we bring to life.
Melissa

1 comment:
Speaking of marriage; my dad is engaged.
Post a Comment