Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I'm Alive!

There have been some happenings in my life lately...

I can say now, that March 18th was probably the scariest day of my life. Before that, it was the day I was committed for my post partum depression over the summer... but that all changed, because it wasn't about me, it was about my dad, and his life in the hands of the heart surgeon.

I believe I had stated in an earlier blog that Samantha & Maggie had made a trip to Georgia so that my parents could watch them for a little while, since my pregnancy has been less than enjoyable. On St. Patrick's day, I called my parents, to see how the annual St. Pat's tradition had gone, check on the girls, and see how everyone was doing. I was informed that my dad would be having another heart cath in the morning. "He'll be fine... he'll be home by dinner."

So, little sleep that night, trying to figure out when I'd get to Georgia, and waiting to hear that he was done with the cath filled the next day. That's when we found out that Dad would be having open heart surgery. Something wasn't right... they moved my dad from one operating room to the next, and he ended up having bypass surgery. My brother Michael, was already in Augusta and with my mom, and Jason was on his way from Florida. South Dakota was feeling more like China distance wise... but Brandon and I managed to leave the next day and make it there in 22 hours to be with my family- the first time we've all been together in a few years- and see dad slowly start the recovery process. I'm glad to say, that he's doing incredibly well, and probably pushing his recovery faster than he should. I am so thankful that everything was okay, and that he's with us... because it could have been over if the doctor hadn't been so insistant on having a second heart cath in 6 weeks.

So, I'm in Augusta... for the fourth week. Brandon is headed here this weekend, and we'll make the long drive back to South Dakota at the end of next week. Although I am homesick for my daily routine, I know it's going to be hard to be away from my family again. The push for moving closer to "home" is becoming more of a reality.

I'll update more later of my Georgia adventures, and hopefully get some pictures uploaded as well...

Melissa

No comments:

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I'm Alive!

There have been some happenings in my life lately...

I can say now, that March 18th was probably the scariest day of my life. Before that, it was the day I was committed for my post partum depression over the summer... but that all changed, because it wasn't about me, it was about my dad, and his life in the hands of the heart surgeon.

I believe I had stated in an earlier blog that Samantha & Maggie had made a trip to Georgia so that my parents could watch them for a little while, since my pregnancy has been less than enjoyable. On St. Patrick's day, I called my parents, to see how the annual St. Pat's tradition had gone, check on the girls, and see how everyone was doing. I was informed that my dad would be having another heart cath in the morning. "He'll be fine... he'll be home by dinner."

So, little sleep that night, trying to figure out when I'd get to Georgia, and waiting to hear that he was done with the cath filled the next day. That's when we found out that Dad would be having open heart surgery. Something wasn't right... they moved my dad from one operating room to the next, and he ended up having bypass surgery. My brother Michael, was already in Augusta and with my mom, and Jason was on his way from Florida. South Dakota was feeling more like China distance wise... but Brandon and I managed to leave the next day and make it there in 22 hours to be with my family- the first time we've all been together in a few years- and see dad slowly start the recovery process. I'm glad to say, that he's doing incredibly well, and probably pushing his recovery faster than he should. I am so thankful that everything was okay, and that he's with us... because it could have been over if the doctor hadn't been so insistant on having a second heart cath in 6 weeks.

So, I'm in Augusta... for the fourth week. Brandon is headed here this weekend, and we'll make the long drive back to South Dakota at the end of next week. Although I am homesick for my daily routine, I know it's going to be hard to be away from my family again. The push for moving closer to "home" is becoming more of a reality.

I'll update more later of my Georgia adventures, and hopefully get some pictures uploaded as well...

Melissa

No comments: