Monday, June 21, 2010

Party like it's 2010.


Ok, so now I'm 10 days past the girls' joint birthday party... I guess I haven't really had the happy emotion to share about it... but now, I do... so I'm sharing. Do you see the cake above? Isn't it wonderful? My amazing friend, Jayme, made the birthday cakes for the girls. She has a true gift in cake decorating!

Here are the party girls... Maggie & Samantha. Maggie had a fun time opening presents, eating cake, and people watching. Samantha was so excited about her new horse stuffed animal and trike! Mommy & Daddy were happy that the rain stopped and we were able to have the party outside.

It was a little chilly but the girls still got to go swimming for a little while. They both loved the little slide.

I was disappointed, because none of my invites showed up. Luckily, Brandon's friends (and mine too, I guess) showed up, and had fun, even though they are single, non parents! I kept my cool the day of the party, and much of the week after... then I met with my counselor, and had a break down. I cried. And cried some more. I'm feeling very alone here in Sioux Falls. I'm questioning myself, wondering if I did something wrong to these people. I'm just glad that my kids don't understand yet what party guests are, and had a great time regardless of the guest list.

Melissa

3 comments:

Kendra said...

I totally understand crying when no one shows up...sometimes it seems I have friends and then they don't show up-it can be a let down. So sorry, especially sorry that it happened for such an event like that. Cute birthday cake! Thanks for your comment on one of my posts! When I came across your blog and it said you were from SF-I thought it was crazy and then were both due around the same time! Even crazier!

Kendra said...

Just saw your comment to my Preggo Monday...replied to you on my blog!

Kristin said...

Melissa
When I visited before I didn't realize that you lived so close! It is a small world!! I am an Avera girl for life :):)

So tell me how is it with 2 so close. This one will be 20 months apart from my youngest. I am used to 6 years and am freaking out a bit! :)

Have a wonderful Wednesday!
Kristin

Monday, June 21, 2010

Party like it's 2010.


Ok, so now I'm 10 days past the girls' joint birthday party... I guess I haven't really had the happy emotion to share about it... but now, I do... so I'm sharing. Do you see the cake above? Isn't it wonderful? My amazing friend, Jayme, made the birthday cakes for the girls. She has a true gift in cake decorating!

Here are the party girls... Maggie & Samantha. Maggie had a fun time opening presents, eating cake, and people watching. Samantha was so excited about her new horse stuffed animal and trike! Mommy & Daddy were happy that the rain stopped and we were able to have the party outside.

It was a little chilly but the girls still got to go swimming for a little while. They both loved the little slide.

I was disappointed, because none of my invites showed up. Luckily, Brandon's friends (and mine too, I guess) showed up, and had fun, even though they are single, non parents! I kept my cool the day of the party, and much of the week after... then I met with my counselor, and had a break down. I cried. And cried some more. I'm feeling very alone here in Sioux Falls. I'm questioning myself, wondering if I did something wrong to these people. I'm just glad that my kids don't understand yet what party guests are, and had a great time regardless of the guest list.

Melissa

3 comments:

Kendra said...

I totally understand crying when no one shows up...sometimes it seems I have friends and then they don't show up-it can be a let down. So sorry, especially sorry that it happened for such an event like that. Cute birthday cake! Thanks for your comment on one of my posts! When I came across your blog and it said you were from SF-I thought it was crazy and then were both due around the same time! Even crazier!

Kendra said...

Just saw your comment to my Preggo Monday...replied to you on my blog!

Kristin said...

Melissa
When I visited before I didn't realize that you lived so close! It is a small world!! I am an Avera girl for life :):)

So tell me how is it with 2 so close. This one will be 20 months apart from my youngest. I am used to 6 years and am freaking out a bit! :)

Have a wonderful Wednesday!
Kristin