1. Well as you can tell from my previous post, the Anderson family dog, Belle, passed away yesterday. I was in a state of funk all day, thinking about her. Samantha asked what was wrong, and I told her that Belle had died. She of course then asked what that meant. I explained, "remember when Sally (my MIL's turtle) went away?" Samantha said yes. "That's where Belle went, too... to heaven. " Samantha then said, "Don't worry, Mommy, they can play together."
2. I've been trying to make more jewelry. You should check it out: www.freewebs.com/melsjewelrybox!
3. Gavin has his first tooth, already!!!! It broke through last night. You wouldn't even know he was teething. He wasn't fussy or anything!
4. My MIL and I went shopping at our favorite stores- thrift stores. We can always find great things, some never worn, some barely worn, and some things that my kids adore. We lucked out with two Scooby Doo's! I also found a shirt that said "I wanna be a rock star" for Sam to wear as a night shirt, and a WICKED t-shirt for the girls to wear as a night gown.
5. Maggie is very stubborn about giving up her bottle. We have now attempted sippy cups with handles. Yesterday was her first time using them, and she knew what to do. Everytime she'd get a drink of milk, we'd start clapping and smiling. So then she'd grin from ear to ear and do it again. I hope it keeps up, otherwise I think she'll go to kindergarten with a bottle! Kidding, of course!
6. I'm counting down the weeks until my surgery. I'm still not in the "worry, scared" stage yet. I'm just so optimistic that it's going to work, that I don't want to think of any negative thoughts about it.
7. I start my trigger point injections tomorrow. I'm not a fan of needles. In fact, I'm terrified. My FIL mentioned in passing that they are "hot needles." So, now I'm beyond nervous to be poked by one. Hopefully I won't even feel it!
8. There's an auction tonight. We're hoping to find a king-sized antique bed for our room. Then my parents can sleep in comfort instead of the full size we have in the guest room. *Fingers crossed for a deal!*
9. I have a bazillion size 1 diapers. Is there anyone local that can use them? Gavin's already in a size 3!
10. This weekend was really nice out... it hit 40. The girls loved going outside and actually seeing grass. But of course, it's South Dakota, so now we're again covered with ice and snow and freezing temperatures. I can't wait for spring! And if that doesn't come first, then I can't wait for our family trip to Florida!
Melissa
7 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment