Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Hate.

hate


verb
1. to dislike (something) intensely; detest
2. (intr) to be unwilling (to be or do something)

noun
1. intense dislike
2. Informal a person or thing that is hated (esp in the phrase pet hate)
3. (modifier) expressing or arousing feelings of hatred hate mail
______

I hate post partum depression.

I detest it with all my being.

I loathe the fact that I suffer from it.

I abhor the feelings I have from it- such as "I'm the only one who feels this way."
______

I feel alone with this condition. No one wants to readily admit their emotions of post partum thoughts.

The blogs I read, or the facebook statuses that I see, make it seem like those with babies have perfection in their lives.

So I feel like I'm the only one feeling this way. 
(And here's a true heartfelt thank you to that one that admitted I'm not alone.)

______

I'm tired of being called "super mom."

The truth is, I'm far from it. I'm unable to fully care for my children at this time.

______

Alone is what I feel, when I'm not feeling distain towards PPD.

My husband doesn't get it.
I can't tell my inlaws just how impacted I am from it.

______

I cry.

In what seems like all the time lately.

______

My thoughts worry me.

B and I had an emotional talk... argument???... last night. It still has me rattled. 

______

My head pounds more.

______

I sit alone, because I don't want to burden others with my sadness.
_______
I want my children to have a great mom.
Not a mom who feels such sadness.
At 2 1/2, Samantha notices.
She patted me on the back the other day and said "it gets better, Mommy."

______

I just feel like it's getting worse, no matter what I try.

______

More tears. More exhaustion.

______

I see my therapist today. Maybe she'll "understand" enough to offer some guidance.

______

The more I have sadness, the more I realize how far we are from "home." Home, being Georgia.

It's not that I completely dislike South Dakota. I love our house, I love our neighborhood.

But other than a friend that I talk to occassionally, the only real adult, outside of my family that I converse with is my therapist. I'm giving MOPS a try, but the first meeting almost had me running to the door, demanding a refund.

And winter doesn't make my feelings any brighter. We got 8 inches of snow the other day, and today I don't think it's supposed to get above zero.

We would love to make a change, but certain circumstances will keep us here another couple of years. And then who knows what will happen.

______

Is there anybody out there?
Melissa



1 comment:

Kendra said...

I myself was thinking how I try and paint a picture that everything is great-even when it's not. As soon as I get real internet access..i plan on posting.
I hate arguments with the hubby that seem to rattle me for days..i also know what it's like to be so far from home...

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Hate.

hate


verb
1. to dislike (something) intensely; detest
2. (intr) to be unwilling (to be or do something)

noun
1. intense dislike
2. Informal a person or thing that is hated (esp in the phrase pet hate)
3. (modifier) expressing or arousing feelings of hatred hate mail
______

I hate post partum depression.

I detest it with all my being.

I loathe the fact that I suffer from it.

I abhor the feelings I have from it- such as "I'm the only one who feels this way."
______

I feel alone with this condition. No one wants to readily admit their emotions of post partum thoughts.

The blogs I read, or the facebook statuses that I see, make it seem like those with babies have perfection in their lives.

So I feel like I'm the only one feeling this way. 
(And here's a true heartfelt thank you to that one that admitted I'm not alone.)

______

I'm tired of being called "super mom."

The truth is, I'm far from it. I'm unable to fully care for my children at this time.

______

Alone is what I feel, when I'm not feeling distain towards PPD.

My husband doesn't get it.
I can't tell my inlaws just how impacted I am from it.

______

I cry.

In what seems like all the time lately.

______

My thoughts worry me.

B and I had an emotional talk... argument???... last night. It still has me rattled. 

______

My head pounds more.

______

I sit alone, because I don't want to burden others with my sadness.
_______
I want my children to have a great mom.
Not a mom who feels such sadness.
At 2 1/2, Samantha notices.
She patted me on the back the other day and said "it gets better, Mommy."

______

I just feel like it's getting worse, no matter what I try.

______

More tears. More exhaustion.

______

I see my therapist today. Maybe she'll "understand" enough to offer some guidance.

______

The more I have sadness, the more I realize how far we are from "home." Home, being Georgia.

It's not that I completely dislike South Dakota. I love our house, I love our neighborhood.

But other than a friend that I talk to occassionally, the only real adult, outside of my family that I converse with is my therapist. I'm giving MOPS a try, but the first meeting almost had me running to the door, demanding a refund.

And winter doesn't make my feelings any brighter. We got 8 inches of snow the other day, and today I don't think it's supposed to get above zero.

We would love to make a change, but certain circumstances will keep us here another couple of years. And then who knows what will happen.

______

Is there anybody out there?
Melissa



1 comment:

Kendra said...

I myself was thinking how I try and paint a picture that everything is great-even when it's not. As soon as I get real internet access..i plan on posting.
I hate arguments with the hubby that seem to rattle me for days..i also know what it's like to be so far from home...