Monday, February 27, 2012

Celebrate Family.


This is me as a weeeeee little baby.

Ok, so I was a big baby.
(Hush, Daddy... I know what your smart alleck mind is thinking.)

 I was a year old.

I wasn't officially an Anderson yet.

But it didn't matter.

Because I was loved by them. And accepted by them.

And they thought of me as their daughter.

And I looked at them as my family.

Mom and Dad were just that. Mom and Dad.

By law, it took a judge to say that we were a family.

But by our hearts, no judge was really needed.

We were already a family.

Yesterday was my adoption day.

When I was growing up, we'd celebrate as a family.

We'd have rootbeer floats. And open presents.

Nowadays, the day just sort of passes by.

I still remember the day.

No more rootbeer floats. Or gifts.

But I still remember.

And I'm still very, very thankful.

Melissa

1 comment:

Gina said...

I think you should still celebrate w/ a root beer float each year.

Monday, February 27, 2012

Celebrate Family.


This is me as a weeeeee little baby.

Ok, so I was a big baby.
(Hush, Daddy... I know what your smart alleck mind is thinking.)

 I was a year old.

I wasn't officially an Anderson yet.

But it didn't matter.

Because I was loved by them. And accepted by them.

And they thought of me as their daughter.

And I looked at them as my family.

Mom and Dad were just that. Mom and Dad.

By law, it took a judge to say that we were a family.

But by our hearts, no judge was really needed.

We were already a family.

Yesterday was my adoption day.

When I was growing up, we'd celebrate as a family.

We'd have rootbeer floats. And open presents.

Nowadays, the day just sort of passes by.

I still remember the day.

No more rootbeer floats. Or gifts.

But I still remember.

And I'm still very, very thankful.

Melissa

1 comment:

Gina said...

I think you should still celebrate w/ a root beer float each year.