Thursday, February 16, 2012

Conversations.

Here are some more conversations with Samantha.

* Disney's Aladdin Inspiration:

Sam: "Mommy, I know what you'd ask the Genie for."

Me: "What?"
Sam: "Dorothy shoes, patience, and a train."
Me: "Yes. Oh yes. And why a train?"
Sam: "(Laughs) I think a train would be super cool."

* Samantha was doing the potty dance:

Me: "Do you need to use the potty?"
( Samantha moves her hand from you know where.)
Sam: "Fine! I'll just touch my head instead!"
She ended up using the potty about 2 minutes later.

* Mommy gets about 10 minutes to shower and get dressed every weekday morning. Needless to say, I don't pay attention to details. Samantha, however, notices A LOT.

Sam: "Mom, what's that on your shirt?"
Me: "Oh, deodorant."
Sam: "Don't you know that it goes on your NAKED body, NOOOOT on your shirt?"
Me: "Yes, but sometimes it rubs off when you put your shirt on."
Sam: "No. You get naked. You open your odorant. You put it on your naked bod. NOT your shirt. I'll show it to you next time."
Me. "Okay."

I've learned not to argue with my three year old. And to lock the bathroom door when I take a shower.

* Gavin has learned a new word.

"Boobies."
He says it like this... "BooooooBIES!"

I don't know where he learned it. But he's a visual learner. He follows the word by pulling down my shirt.

I'm so excited. NOT!

Melissa



No comments:

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Conversations.

Here are some more conversations with Samantha.

* Disney's Aladdin Inspiration:

Sam: "Mommy, I know what you'd ask the Genie for."

Me: "What?"
Sam: "Dorothy shoes, patience, and a train."
Me: "Yes. Oh yes. And why a train?"
Sam: "(Laughs) I think a train would be super cool."

* Samantha was doing the potty dance:

Me: "Do you need to use the potty?"
( Samantha moves her hand from you know where.)
Sam: "Fine! I'll just touch my head instead!"
She ended up using the potty about 2 minutes later.

* Mommy gets about 10 minutes to shower and get dressed every weekday morning. Needless to say, I don't pay attention to details. Samantha, however, notices A LOT.

Sam: "Mom, what's that on your shirt?"
Me: "Oh, deodorant."
Sam: "Don't you know that it goes on your NAKED body, NOOOOT on your shirt?"
Me: "Yes, but sometimes it rubs off when you put your shirt on."
Sam: "No. You get naked. You open your odorant. You put it on your naked bod. NOT your shirt. I'll show it to you next time."
Me. "Okay."

I've learned not to argue with my three year old. And to lock the bathroom door when I take a shower.

* Gavin has learned a new word.

"Boobies."
He says it like this... "BooooooBIES!"

I don't know where he learned it. But he's a visual learner. He follows the word by pulling down my shirt.

I'm so excited. NOT!

Melissa



No comments: