I've said it before, and I'll say it again.
I have two passions:
My children, and Odyssey of the Mind.
That's what keeps me going.
These things are what me try to forget about the constant pain, and LIVE.
I'm frustrated.
Not really with my children...
Just with one happening with Samantha...
Samantha in preschool.
I wonder if she's doing alright, because when she gets home, all she says is "I played."
I ask who she played with, and on most occasions, she says she played by herself.
She's never done daycare (except for a few days here and there), and has spent her time at home.
She's usually very outgoing, but at school, she's incredibly shy.
She's been crying each day when I drop her off, and I don't know if it's because she truly dislikes school, or if she's just jealous that her siblings get to play at home and have mom time.
I feel as if she may not be paying attention, and listening to directions.
She brought home a shape exercise yesterday, and she hadn't followed the directions written on the paper. (Color the circle green and the square red, etc.) So, I don't know if they had to follow the directions, or if they could just color the shapes however they wanted.
I emailed one of her teacher's today to see... and I'm hoping that she will provide some relief to the stress I'm feeling about this, and help me figure out how to comfort Samantha. What I've been trying just hasn't been working, and she's still having break downs.
Resolution has to be found...
I know that it's an adjustment for all involved, but she usually adjusts easily to situations, and this one just isn't happening.
--------
My other frustration is my other passion, Odyssey of the Mind.
I'm the Association Director for the Dakota's.
I'm also the entire board of Directors for Dakota Odyssey of the Mind.
Yep.... that's a lot for one person.
I'm not complaining, in the least.
I'm not complaining, in the least.
But I am getting frustrated, because all of my efforts, seem to be shot down.
Emails, letters, phone calls, follow up emails, letters, and phone calls.
Nothing.
Or, "no thank you, we'll stick to the other program."
Why? It doesn't make sense.
And I wonder if I'm doing something wrong.
I don't like "no."
I like yes, and instant success.
And all these no's, are making me feel like a complete FAILURE.
I need help with all of it, and I have no help.
Frustrating? Very.
Ugggggghhhhh.
I usually have ways to figure out how to handle most happenings.
I'm an OMER, for pete's sake. I know how to problem solve.
But no. I can't figure out anything.
I am so frustrated, that I cry.
Pathetic, right?
Totally.
I am passionate about Odyssey. When given the chance, I share my passion.
I tell everyone that will listen about this great program, and how every student can benefit from participating. I tell stories of my own experience. I list the positive influence of the program.
And still, nothing.
I feel like I'm failing.
On to more work with the program, and hopefully a "yes."
I could really use a win.
"Laughter and tears are both responses to frustration and exhaustion. I myself prefer to laugh, since there is less cleaning do to do afterward.”
- Kurt Vonnegut
"Laughter and tears are both responses to frustration and exhaustion. I myself prefer to laugh, since there is less cleaning do to do afterward.”
- Kurt Vonnegut
Melissa
No comments:
Post a Comment