Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Twas the Week Before Christmas...

And all through the house... the children were teething, and the noise, opposite of a mouse. (Lame, yes...)

I'm sitting here, with my 18 pounder in my lap. Have I updated Maggie's latest check up?

At 6 months, she is 18 pounds, and 28 inches long... she's wearing 9-12 month clothing, eating strained foods, just started eating banana puffs, is sitting up (when we put her in the sitting position), and has her first tooth! *Whew!* She's in the top percentile for weight and length... obviously! She's a big baby... but healthy, not overweight, and growing on the right curve!



Little Miss Rosy Cheeks

We celebrated one night of Hanakkah... the girls obviously don't know what it is, yet, but did enjoy unwrapping the Hanakkah gift. When I was growing up, it was always "close your eyes and hold out your hands" to get our Hanakkah gifts, but since Samantha & Maggie both enjoy paper, and all the destruction that comes with it, we wrapped their gift.


Unwrapping their Hanakkah gift



Samantha upset about sharing the gift... Maggie, I can imagine, is thinking nanny nanny boo boo!

My goal for next year, is to actually get a menora, and start a Hanakkah tradition in our house. I know their great-grandma will be oh-so- excited about this. Last year I purchased a book about Hanakkah for less than $1, but I can't find it... I've been searching, but to no avail. It will probably miraculously appear in a couple of days when the holiday is over.

More later,
Melissa

No comments:

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Twas the Week Before Christmas...

And all through the house... the children were teething, and the noise, opposite of a mouse. (Lame, yes...)

I'm sitting here, with my 18 pounder in my lap. Have I updated Maggie's latest check up?

At 6 months, she is 18 pounds, and 28 inches long... she's wearing 9-12 month clothing, eating strained foods, just started eating banana puffs, is sitting up (when we put her in the sitting position), and has her first tooth! *Whew!* She's in the top percentile for weight and length... obviously! She's a big baby... but healthy, not overweight, and growing on the right curve!



Little Miss Rosy Cheeks

We celebrated one night of Hanakkah... the girls obviously don't know what it is, yet, but did enjoy unwrapping the Hanakkah gift. When I was growing up, it was always "close your eyes and hold out your hands" to get our Hanakkah gifts, but since Samantha & Maggie both enjoy paper, and all the destruction that comes with it, we wrapped their gift.


Unwrapping their Hanakkah gift



Samantha upset about sharing the gift... Maggie, I can imagine, is thinking nanny nanny boo boo!

My goal for next year, is to actually get a menora, and start a Hanakkah tradition in our house. I know their great-grandma will be oh-so- excited about this. Last year I purchased a book about Hanakkah for less than $1, but I can't find it... I've been searching, but to no avail. It will probably miraculously appear in a couple of days when the holiday is over.

More later,
Melissa

No comments: