Yesterday, was not a good day for Miss Maggie. While I was showering, she decided it was necessary to do her "chore." Her chore, which she shares with her sister, is making sure Elphie (the dog) has water and food. However, the rule is, Mommy must supervise while the chore is being completed, to save on spills and messes. After yesterday, you'll understand WHY I have the rule of supervision. I emerged from the shower, and was going about the day, when I see a giant mess. (I wish I had taken a picture to show the magnitude of messiness, but in between my shock and anger, I didn't think to snap a picture.) Maggie decided to take all the food and dump it in the water bowl, get more water with her drinking cup in the bathroom, and then get even more food out and add it to the pile. Water, dog food, and a wet mat greeted me in the hallway. In my frustration,I asked Maggie why she did it, and she responded "make it easy mom! They togeth(er)!" I guess she's already working on creative problem solving... but at the time, I didn't care!
Next, Maggie decided to be naughty while I was taking a very quick bathroom break. It's amazing how quickly this happened, but Maggie also felt it necessary to find a pen (I still don't know where it came from) and literally scribble all over herself from HEAD TO BIG TOE, on the front of her body. Again, I didn't snap a picture when she presented herself, NAKED, to me with all of her doodles. (I guess her "Doodle" nick name really has justification now.) I did however, get a picture after I had scrubbed her body... the pen wouldn't come off all the way until bath time. Here is a picture of her tummy... you have to look closely, but you can still see the remnants of scribbles.
Now, picture this from her forehead to her big toe. Lovely?
Then, Maggie found it necessary to dump out all of the bead boxes she could find of mine. Little beads, everywhere. No longer organized, but instead scattered everywhere.
And finally, (in between regular chaos), she found a barbecue sauce packet (I'm convinced she hoards these things and was waiting for the worst day to present all of her madness). She painted herself in bbq sauce. Another scrubbing, and she was off to time out for the third time!
AHHHHHHHHH! I swear it's days like yesterday that make me wish Coca Cola still had cocaine in the recipe!
Oh, Maggie dear, my sweet Doodle Bug... thank you for testing my patience. I did learn that I had more than I originally thought. My "Microwave Melissa" status is down a notch, or well, power setting, when it comes to my kids and their destructiveness.
I'm off now, to try to find her stash of destruction.
Melissa

No comments:
Post a Comment