Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Shove.

Sometimes, I feel things are getting better.

And then comments like this are made: "shove it up your ass."

Picture this: 3 kids, in a van, waiting anxiously to get outside and walk around. It's close to dinner time. The princess CD has played for the fourth time. Instead of wanting to sing "Kiss the Girl," you want to slaughter the girl. He was inside a bank doing a transaction, and it was taking forever. We had plans to go rummaging at a week long garage sale on the entire west side of town.

A text is received stating that we'd probably have to skip the rummages.
The kids and I had been looking forward to this all day, with much anticipation. It gets a little claustrophobic being inside all day.

My response, "Of course. We'll just go home."

The "of course" set him off. It was rude, I admit. But I was just so annoyed with 3 kids screaming in the van, and the anticipation of walking around outside. So, he threw the cash at me when he returned to the van, and that's where the "shove it up your ass" came from.

I cried. I felt pathetic from crying.
We quickly grabbed the kids some dinner.
I had every intention of going home. Ignoring him.
But he drove to the west side.
We walked around.
Anger between the two of us.

And in my head, I was thinking "separation, on."

Melissa

No comments:

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Shove.

Sometimes, I feel things are getting better.

And then comments like this are made: "shove it up your ass."

Picture this: 3 kids, in a van, waiting anxiously to get outside and walk around. It's close to dinner time. The princess CD has played for the fourth time. Instead of wanting to sing "Kiss the Girl," you want to slaughter the girl. He was inside a bank doing a transaction, and it was taking forever. We had plans to go rummaging at a week long garage sale on the entire west side of town.

A text is received stating that we'd probably have to skip the rummages.
The kids and I had been looking forward to this all day, with much anticipation. It gets a little claustrophobic being inside all day.

My response, "Of course. We'll just go home."

The "of course" set him off. It was rude, I admit. But I was just so annoyed with 3 kids screaming in the van, and the anticipation of walking around outside. So, he threw the cash at me when he returned to the van, and that's where the "shove it up your ass" came from.

I cried. I felt pathetic from crying.
We quickly grabbed the kids some dinner.
I had every intention of going home. Ignoring him.
But he drove to the west side.
We walked around.
Anger between the two of us.

And in my head, I was thinking "separation, on."

Melissa

No comments: