Thursday, October 30, 2008

E is for Events

Events
There are many events in life, that I believe make a person who they are in life.
I was thinking about this last night when I was unable to sleep.
There are a few major events that I would say shaped my life... all of which I have some memory of.
I think the first event that really shaped me was the day my adoption became official. Although, at the time, I didn't know the significance of the day, I do remember playing in the courtroom. From what I remember, I was playing with the microphones. That's all I truly remember from the day, but I know that the day I "officially" became an Anderson really defined me.


Another event that really helped define who I am, was the day I made the (now) mistake to find my egg donor. At the time, I think I was feeling as if I didn't belong. I wanted to know what "blood" felt like. I was always jealous of my brothers being blood, twins... "real" family. It took finding Melissa (the egg donor) to realize that blood doesn't define who you are... love, family, and devotion define who you are, and who your family is. Meeting her was a big wake up call in my life. The event caused many different emotions to surface. I was happy one minute, destroying a relationship with my brother the next, and wanting to die the next year. I truly believe that meeting her made me gain a great respect for myself... knowing that my life was blessed by not being in her life. Knowing that my family was my family. My parents were my parents. My brothers were my brothers. Nothing could change that. I only wish it hadn't taking searching to realize this...


When I married Brandon, I experienced the first happiest day in my life. Nothing defines the emotions I felt on my wedding day. It was pure bliss to marry him, knowing that we had such an amazing love towards one another. I remember waking up that Saturday, thinking about how these moments would change my life forever, but looking forward to growing old with Brandon.

December 17, 2005

It's funny- I thought the happiest day of my life would always be my wedding day... but I must say it ties with the birth of Samantha.


Our precious little girl entered the world on June 27, 2008. While my pregnancy was one of the worst experiences of my life... it all led up to the most amazing experience of my life... bringing my first child into the world... watching the creation of life unfold before my eyes, and seeing my amazing husband cry as he counted her fingers and toes. We both felt love for her immediately. Although I know she won't always feel like the most amazing blessing in our lives... lets face it, she'll be a teenager and start saying no before we know it, we'll always remember her birthday... and know what it feels like to feel pure joy.

I take joy in the idea that there are so many events that will occur that will continue to define my life, and who I am and the legacy I will leave... some will happen sooner than I want, but I know that all will make me stronger.

Melissa


No comments:

Thursday, October 30, 2008

E is for Events

Events
There are many events in life, that I believe make a person who they are in life.
I was thinking about this last night when I was unable to sleep.
There are a few major events that I would say shaped my life... all of which I have some memory of.
I think the first event that really shaped me was the day my adoption became official. Although, at the time, I didn't know the significance of the day, I do remember playing in the courtroom. From what I remember, I was playing with the microphones. That's all I truly remember from the day, but I know that the day I "officially" became an Anderson really defined me.


Another event that really helped define who I am, was the day I made the (now) mistake to find my egg donor. At the time, I think I was feeling as if I didn't belong. I wanted to know what "blood" felt like. I was always jealous of my brothers being blood, twins... "real" family. It took finding Melissa (the egg donor) to realize that blood doesn't define who you are... love, family, and devotion define who you are, and who your family is. Meeting her was a big wake up call in my life. The event caused many different emotions to surface. I was happy one minute, destroying a relationship with my brother the next, and wanting to die the next year. I truly believe that meeting her made me gain a great respect for myself... knowing that my life was blessed by not being in her life. Knowing that my family was my family. My parents were my parents. My brothers were my brothers. Nothing could change that. I only wish it hadn't taking searching to realize this...


When I married Brandon, I experienced the first happiest day in my life. Nothing defines the emotions I felt on my wedding day. It was pure bliss to marry him, knowing that we had such an amazing love towards one another. I remember waking up that Saturday, thinking about how these moments would change my life forever, but looking forward to growing old with Brandon.

December 17, 2005

It's funny- I thought the happiest day of my life would always be my wedding day... but I must say it ties with the birth of Samantha.


Our precious little girl entered the world on June 27, 2008. While my pregnancy was one of the worst experiences of my life... it all led up to the most amazing experience of my life... bringing my first child into the world... watching the creation of life unfold before my eyes, and seeing my amazing husband cry as he counted her fingers and toes. We both felt love for her immediately. Although I know she won't always feel like the most amazing blessing in our lives... lets face it, she'll be a teenager and start saying no before we know it, we'll always remember her birthday... and know what it feels like to feel pure joy.

I take joy in the idea that there are so many events that will occur that will continue to define my life, and who I am and the legacy I will leave... some will happen sooner than I want, but I know that all will make me stronger.

Melissa


No comments: