Blog Challenge- Day 20- Nicknames
My very first, ever, nickname, which my brother still insist on calling me is: Hun.
I don't know why. But then they'd add things like "Hunny spit up." "Hunny pooh pants." Or just keep it short and sweet and call me Hun. I've always hated it. When I was little I'd say, "For Christmas, you can call me Hun for one day, but that's it." Of course, they never listened.
Then, as I grew up, people came up with all sorts of nicknames for Melissa.
The one I don't mind, and am often referred to as is: Mel.
But there's also: Melmo, Mini Mel, Melly, Smelly Melly, Missy.
And then, in high school, since I'm quite pale, there were all these:
Casper, La Blanca, Whitey, Ghost, Alabaster, and Freckles.
*Sigh.* I'll stick with Mel.
My kids already have lot's of nicknames... heck, Maggie was born with one! Her given name is Margaret! We call her Maggie all the time! As well as Doodle, Doods, Mags, and Bug.
Samantha is Sam, Sammy, Sammy K, Roo, Punkin, and Punkin Roo.
Gavin is Buddy.
Brandon is B.
What are your nicknames?
Melissa (or should I say Mel?)
1 comment:
Oh man! I forgot to talk about all my whiteness nicknames! I feel your pain! :)
Post a Comment