Ok, an "adventure" to Minneapolis may seem a little crazy.
But you try traveling with 3 kids, ages 3, still 3, and 1.
It's an adventure. I swear.
Samantha was very excited about staying in a hotel.
Then she asked, "what's a hotel?"
This was followed with many questions, such as:
* "Do we pee at the hotel?"
* "Where do you sleep?"
* "You mean you'll be in the same room? Don't snore, k?"
*"We get to go swimming?! I won't pee in the pool."
Then I told her we were going to the Mall of America and were going to an aquarium and we were going to ride all sorts of rides. More questions and comments:
* "How many fish will I see?"
* "Sharks?! Are you crazy?""
* "When you say rides, do you mean like a car?"
So we finally left Friday afternoon.
* "Are we there yet?"
* "Is the hotel soon?"
* "Is that the hotel?"
* "Look, a wind mill!"
*"Look, another wind mill!"
* "Mommmmmy, there's a wind mill again!"
* Maggie: "There lots! SHHHHHH!"
* "MOooooOOmMmy, Maggie told me to shhhh!"
* Is that the hotel?"
* "I don't want to go shopping at the outlets!"
* "Ohhh, I like this dress. Buy it."
*" We're hungry!"
* "I want chicken fingers."
* "Is that the hotel?"
* "Look, another wind mill!"
* "That's the hotel?!"
* "Can I poop first?"
...
Yes. Lot's of questions.
Finally, we arrived.
And were in the hotel all of 5 minutes before the kids were wanting to go swimming.
So we went swimming.
* "Mommy, I didn't pee in the pool."
Then it was time to sleep.
Gavin likes routine.
He did not like the hotel.
Sleeping was an adventure.
Double beds. A roll away.
Grumpy Gavin.
Grumpy Mommy.
Grumpy Daddy.
6 am came quickly.
Why not 7? or even 8?
Heaven forbid.
Finally, breakfast.
Finally, the mall.
Gavin & Samantha checking out the sting rays.
Samantha taking a gander.
I really think Jellyfish need to visit the Wizard...
(and yes, I took this picture with every intent to say that.)
Sharks. Insert screaming from children here.
Time for rides. Starting out slow with a train.
See this face? Follow it with screaming. Fussing. And eventually throwing up from all the screaming.
The girls went on their first roller coaster with me.
I swear it was fun.
I also swear that I did not mess myself.
I asked Maggie if it was fun.
- "No."
I guess smiles in these pictures are a lie.
Maggie did however LOVE the swings and wanted to ride them 10,000 times.
I allowed 2 times.
Begin crazy faces.
I do enjoy this one.
"Mommy, the Mall of America is the greatest place ever!" - Samantha
Then it was time to go home.
* "Can we go get Elphie?"
* "I miss Elphie."
* "Are we almost home?"
* "Look, a wind mill!"
* "Look, another wind mill!"
* Maggie: "ME KNOW!"
A sunset over the midwest.
Yay for adventures.
Even if they are exhausting.
Melissa

No comments:
Post a Comment