I think I've mentioned before, next to my amazing children, my other passion is Odyssey of the Mind.
I am fortunate to be a part of this amazing organization... and I'm trying really hard to build the program again in the Dakota's. It's a very lofty task, but the other Association Directors help me to remain positive, when there is a lot of negative going on.
I was privledged to be involved in the 2012 Odyssey of the Mind World Finals, two weeks ago in Ames, Iowa. There were over 12,000 people in attendance to either actively be a part of the finals, or to witness creative problem solving in action. I was involved both at an organization level, a "coach" level, and an official level.
I made new friends, reconnected with old friends, and had enough fun to last the year I have to wait for the next World Finals. I have friends from literally all over the world... Mexico, Germany, Poland, Russia, etc.
There is another program for creative problem solving, but I must say, Odyssey of the Mind is the original program, and offers the best options for creative problem solving. I think every child should be involved in this program, whether "gifted and talented", run of the mill, or behind. Every child can participate in this program, and every child can benefit from this program.
Check it out.
Melissa
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment