Monday, February 2, 2009

M is for Margaret Kathryn.

Margaret Kathryn
Friday was our "big" ultrasound with baby #2. Everyone, with the exception of Brandon, swore the baby was going to be a boy... Brandon can say he was right for once in his life! (Ha!)
Our little baby is a girl!
We've decided to name her Margaret Kathryn, and call her Maggie. Margaret is after my maternal grandmother, and Kathryn is Brandon's favorite aunt. Brandon called Aunt Kathy on Sunday to tell her and "ask" if it was alright. She cried!

Me with Maggie
When I found out I was pregnant with this baby, I was completely thrown for a loop. It took me almost the entire first trimester to really accept the fact that we were having another baby so soon. I was very bitter that I had to "go through" pregnancy again... We want more children, but didn't think it would happen this soon. I've been miserable the entire time with nausea, vomiting, and headaches... 4 hospital stays, and little relief. But I'm trying to enjoy every moment now. Every kick is amazing. Life is growing inside me.
I was worried about how Samantha would be with having a sibling so close in age... less than a year apart. She gets jealous when Elphie snuggles too closely to me, or I hold a stuffed animal and say "oh, sweet baby." I know I need to give up my worries, and accept the fact that Maggie will be with us sooner than later, and Samantha will cope, and love her little sister (most of the time). I'm trying to enjoy everyday with Sam.
When I was pregnant with Samantha, I wondered what she would be like, who she'll turn into, what accomplishments she'll have... and now I'm doing the same with Maggie. I wonder what she'll look like, how she'll act, if she'll be the same happy baby as her sister.
I'm excited. And frightened. But I'm ready. Well, in 20 weeks I'll be ready.
Melissa

No comments:

Monday, February 2, 2009

M is for Margaret Kathryn.

Margaret Kathryn
Friday was our "big" ultrasound with baby #2. Everyone, with the exception of Brandon, swore the baby was going to be a boy... Brandon can say he was right for once in his life! (Ha!)
Our little baby is a girl!
We've decided to name her Margaret Kathryn, and call her Maggie. Margaret is after my maternal grandmother, and Kathryn is Brandon's favorite aunt. Brandon called Aunt Kathy on Sunday to tell her and "ask" if it was alright. She cried!

Me with Maggie
When I found out I was pregnant with this baby, I was completely thrown for a loop. It took me almost the entire first trimester to really accept the fact that we were having another baby so soon. I was very bitter that I had to "go through" pregnancy again... We want more children, but didn't think it would happen this soon. I've been miserable the entire time with nausea, vomiting, and headaches... 4 hospital stays, and little relief. But I'm trying to enjoy every moment now. Every kick is amazing. Life is growing inside me.
I was worried about how Samantha would be with having a sibling so close in age... less than a year apart. She gets jealous when Elphie snuggles too closely to me, or I hold a stuffed animal and say "oh, sweet baby." I know I need to give up my worries, and accept the fact that Maggie will be with us sooner than later, and Samantha will cope, and love her little sister (most of the time). I'm trying to enjoy everyday with Sam.
When I was pregnant with Samantha, I wondered what she would be like, who she'll turn into, what accomplishments she'll have... and now I'm doing the same with Maggie. I wonder what she'll look like, how she'll act, if she'll be the same happy baby as her sister.
I'm excited. And frightened. But I'm ready. Well, in 20 weeks I'll be ready.
Melissa

No comments: