Monday, February 16, 2009

Weekend.

My silly little girl is snuggled up on my arm, and keeps biting me. She thinks it's hilarious. My arm thinks it's been slobbered on enough!

Our weekend was nice. Brandon worked most of Saturday at his part time job, but we did manage to make a trip over to Nick's apartment to give him a little present... bowls! He is single, lives with another guy, they have a beer fridge, and a 72 inch flat screen tv, yet one cereal bowl! I went to the dollar store and got him 4 bowls... he was very excited. It's the little things.

Sunday was pleasant as well. We went to Home Depot and got some materials for our bathroom project. We're putting up bead board on the bottom half of the bathroom, and painting it blue. Unfortunately, Brandon left the paint on the bottom of the cart... and we didn't realize it until 8:00 last night. Hopefully someone was honest and turned it in, so that we can go pick it up. After Home Depot, we walked around the mall for a few hours, and then went to my inlaws. Then we went and saw Taken. Wow. Not a movie for parents with daughters! I know it is far-fetched, but my goodness. I kept rubbing my belly and telling Maggie not to worry, we're never letting her go to Paris by herself. After the movie, we had dinner at my inlaws, and were home and in bed fairly early.

My hubby is amazing. I wasn't feeling well Saturday night, and ended up getting sick again. I went to bed before Samantha, had a rough night of puking and a headache, and Sam decided to wake up at 6. Brandon was out of bed before I could even think of getting up. Brandon put in his two weeks notice at Long Lines (part time job). We're very excited about the new schedule we'll have... meaning, he'll be home every evening, but Tuesdays, and every weekend!

Oh, and Brandon's cousin is now a Daddy... more than a month early. The baby is doing better than Lance's wife... who is in ICU. She was diagnosed with preeclampsia 2 weeks ago, and her blood pressure got to 205/150 when then had to take the baby. Her brain swelled, and she's recovering slowly but surely. Hopefully she'll be able to move to a regular room soon, and their little one, a boy, who's name has slipped my mind, will continue to get stronger. I cried when I heard the news... we are blessed with a healthy little girl, and one on the way.

I'm off to play with Samantha.

Melissa

No comments:

Monday, February 16, 2009

Weekend.

My silly little girl is snuggled up on my arm, and keeps biting me. She thinks it's hilarious. My arm thinks it's been slobbered on enough!

Our weekend was nice. Brandon worked most of Saturday at his part time job, but we did manage to make a trip over to Nick's apartment to give him a little present... bowls! He is single, lives with another guy, they have a beer fridge, and a 72 inch flat screen tv, yet one cereal bowl! I went to the dollar store and got him 4 bowls... he was very excited. It's the little things.

Sunday was pleasant as well. We went to Home Depot and got some materials for our bathroom project. We're putting up bead board on the bottom half of the bathroom, and painting it blue. Unfortunately, Brandon left the paint on the bottom of the cart... and we didn't realize it until 8:00 last night. Hopefully someone was honest and turned it in, so that we can go pick it up. After Home Depot, we walked around the mall for a few hours, and then went to my inlaws. Then we went and saw Taken. Wow. Not a movie for parents with daughters! I know it is far-fetched, but my goodness. I kept rubbing my belly and telling Maggie not to worry, we're never letting her go to Paris by herself. After the movie, we had dinner at my inlaws, and were home and in bed fairly early.

My hubby is amazing. I wasn't feeling well Saturday night, and ended up getting sick again. I went to bed before Samantha, had a rough night of puking and a headache, and Sam decided to wake up at 6. Brandon was out of bed before I could even think of getting up. Brandon put in his two weeks notice at Long Lines (part time job). We're very excited about the new schedule we'll have... meaning, he'll be home every evening, but Tuesdays, and every weekend!

Oh, and Brandon's cousin is now a Daddy... more than a month early. The baby is doing better than Lance's wife... who is in ICU. She was diagnosed with preeclampsia 2 weeks ago, and her blood pressure got to 205/150 when then had to take the baby. Her brain swelled, and she's recovering slowly but surely. Hopefully she'll be able to move to a regular room soon, and their little one, a boy, who's name has slipped my mind, will continue to get stronger. I cried when I heard the news... we are blessed with a healthy little girl, and one on the way.

I'm off to play with Samantha.

Melissa

No comments: