Saturday, June 6, 2009

Margaret Kathryn Jacobs.

Margaret Kathryn Jacobs was born on Tuesday, June 2, 2009 at 2:55pm. She weighs 7lbs, 10 oz, and is 19 1/2 inches long. She was born at 37 weeks... and is healthy, beautiful, and amazing.
Labor went well. We were scheduled to be induced at 7am. Once I was hooked up to the monitors, my feelings were correct- I was having many contractions. So instead of drugs to start the induction, Dr. Landeen broke my water, and we waited to see what would happen. By a few hours into labor, I was really feeling the pain, and got an epideral. OUCH! Once the epideral took, my legs became stumps... I couldn't move, and swore they were the size of large trees. Then my contractions started to slow down, so they started pitocin. Wouldn't you know, it worked, my contractions became too close together! Our nurse, Kara, checked me again, and was shocked that I had gone from a 6 to a 10 in minutes, and decided to have me try pushing. The next thing I heard was STOP! Her head was already there! Needless to say, the room became filled with people, and Dr. Landeen and a resident had me push THREE times, and she was here. Everyone keeps saying- you can deliver 'em, but it's the growing that takes it out of me!
Maggie is amazing. Samantha is doing well with her. We're slowly adjusting to a family of 4... and are thankful for my parents help.
Melissa

No comments:

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Margaret Kathryn Jacobs.

Margaret Kathryn Jacobs was born on Tuesday, June 2, 2009 at 2:55pm. She weighs 7lbs, 10 oz, and is 19 1/2 inches long. She was born at 37 weeks... and is healthy, beautiful, and amazing.
Labor went well. We were scheduled to be induced at 7am. Once I was hooked up to the monitors, my feelings were correct- I was having many contractions. So instead of drugs to start the induction, Dr. Landeen broke my water, and we waited to see what would happen. By a few hours into labor, I was really feeling the pain, and got an epideral. OUCH! Once the epideral took, my legs became stumps... I couldn't move, and swore they were the size of large trees. Then my contractions started to slow down, so they started pitocin. Wouldn't you know, it worked, my contractions became too close together! Our nurse, Kara, checked me again, and was shocked that I had gone from a 6 to a 10 in minutes, and decided to have me try pushing. The next thing I heard was STOP! Her head was already there! Needless to say, the room became filled with people, and Dr. Landeen and a resident had me push THREE times, and she was here. Everyone keeps saying- you can deliver 'em, but it's the growing that takes it out of me!
Maggie is amazing. Samantha is doing well with her. We're slowly adjusting to a family of 4... and are thankful for my parents help.
Melissa

No comments: