Monday, January 4, 2010

2009 Wrap Up!

It's hard to believe another year has gone by so quickly... here's a wrap up of what I can remember! Ha! It's also amazing that now everything is centered around my children and how they define my life.

January:


Samantha turned 7 months... and started teething. We found out that our new addition would be a girl, and decided officially to name our new baby Margaret Kathryn. I spent a lot of time in and out of the hospital due to headaches caused by the pregnancy.








February: The Steelers won the Super Bowl!!!! Samantha continued growing, obviously... she started rocking on her hands and knees, getting ready for the ever traumatic (for Mommy) crawling!









March: Samantha and I made a trip down to Georgia to visit Grandma and Grandpa Anderson and to meet all of my friends and local family. We celebrated Samantha's first St.  Patrick's day... and of course had an outfit for the occassion. I was also able to volunteer for Georgia Odyssey of the Mind, something I've missed for awhile.


April: I really don't have many pictures from April. It was a rough  month for me... lot's of hospitalizations... a lot of missing out on Samantha's life.

May: In May, the pregnancy related issues continued... wayyyyy to much. My mom made a trip to South Dakota to help me out, and ended up taking Samantha back with her to Georgia for a few weeks so that I could try and rest before Maggie's arrival. My parents came back again, to bring my sweet girl home, and for world finals... at the end of May we found out that our littlest girl would be here sooner than we had planned...


June: Margaret Kathryn Jacobs was born at 2:55 pm on Tuesday, June 2, 2009... The delivery was easy (much easier than pregnancy), and our little Maggie was here. My parents were actually present for the arrival of Maggie (after missing Samantha's birth by hours). It was great having them here for Maggie's first couple weeks of life. Samantha also turned 1 on June 27, and we had a party for her in our neighborhood park. Sam was starting to pull up on everything and was becoming very mobile!












July: Samantha started walking!! My little girl was on the move!! I was very worried about how she would do with Maggie, but we were shocked when she really became a little Mommy with Maggie... giving kisses, trying to help hold bottles, etc. July was also a big eye opener for me with my post partum depression. I ended up in the hospital with the depression, and have never been so terrified in my life. It's definitely a moment I don't ever want to relive.













August: Maggie started smiling!! I was definitely busy with a 2 month old and a 13 month old! I really started to work on getting my jewelry business to take off... and I still am!






September: My parents couldn't resist, (who can resist these precious little girls) and came to visit again. They took us out to the Black Hills (our first visit) where we saw Mt. Rushmore, went to the Buffalo Round up, celebrated my birthday (gasp! 26!), and saw a lot of snow! My parents also celebrated FORTY years of wedded bliss! What an accomplishment, especially now-a-days!








October: Maggie started eating strained foods. A big step in life! Haha. Brandon and I actually went "out" on Halloween... but first managed to "dress" up the girls... we're not big on buying costumes for babies, so Samantha went as a "spider monkey" wearing her spider man pj top, and some of her monkey pj bottoms. Maggie continued the "it's your first halloween" tradition, wearing a simple pumpkin shirt. I'm annoyed, because Brandon and I dressed up as Johnny & June Cash, yet we don't have a single picture together. Oh well, pictures of my kids are 1000 times better!


November: Brandon's grandmother celebrated her 20th anniversary of receiving her heart transplant,
Maggie started rolling A LOT, and Samantha definitely started showing her sneaky toddler abilities... getting into EVERYTHING!!  I made my first attempt at getting my jewelry business "out there" by selling my creations at the local flea market... it's still a work in progress.



December: I can't believe it... a 7 month old, and an 18 month old... the girls are growing fast! Brandon and I celebrated our fourth wedding anniversary, Sam's second Christmas, Maggie's first Christmas... and are amazed that the year is over.

2009 sure did offer a lot of changes in my life... the most difficult, I'd say, is dealing with my post partum depression. Today, a difficult day. I've been having a panic attack since early yesterday evening. The visit to the doctor's office didn't help. And my kids are at my in laws. What should be an "easy" thing in my eyes (parenting my children) is really taking its toll on my mind and body.

Maggie cries. A lot. She's not happy when she's sitting, so I stand. Then she's not happy standing. After hours and hours of this, it really becomes helpless and hopeless for me. I don't want to depend on prescriptions to get me through the day. I just want to be HAPPY. Period. End of story. (Other stressors really haven't helped today either. But I'd rather just let this thing, person, go, and move on.)

Welcome 2010... may you be fun-filled, exciting, and let's hope that our family remains a family of four!!

Melissa


No comments:

Monday, January 4, 2010

2009 Wrap Up!

It's hard to believe another year has gone by so quickly... here's a wrap up of what I can remember! Ha! It's also amazing that now everything is centered around my children and how they define my life.

January:


Samantha turned 7 months... and started teething. We found out that our new addition would be a girl, and decided officially to name our new baby Margaret Kathryn. I spent a lot of time in and out of the hospital due to headaches caused by the pregnancy.








February: The Steelers won the Super Bowl!!!! Samantha continued growing, obviously... she started rocking on her hands and knees, getting ready for the ever traumatic (for Mommy) crawling!









March: Samantha and I made a trip down to Georgia to visit Grandma and Grandpa Anderson and to meet all of my friends and local family. We celebrated Samantha's first St.  Patrick's day... and of course had an outfit for the occassion. I was also able to volunteer for Georgia Odyssey of the Mind, something I've missed for awhile.


April: I really don't have many pictures from April. It was a rough  month for me... lot's of hospitalizations... a lot of missing out on Samantha's life.

May: In May, the pregnancy related issues continued... wayyyyy to much. My mom made a trip to South Dakota to help me out, and ended up taking Samantha back with her to Georgia for a few weeks so that I could try and rest before Maggie's arrival. My parents came back again, to bring my sweet girl home, and for world finals... at the end of May we found out that our littlest girl would be here sooner than we had planned...


June: Margaret Kathryn Jacobs was born at 2:55 pm on Tuesday, June 2, 2009... The delivery was easy (much easier than pregnancy), and our little Maggie was here. My parents were actually present for the arrival of Maggie (after missing Samantha's birth by hours). It was great having them here for Maggie's first couple weeks of life. Samantha also turned 1 on June 27, and we had a party for her in our neighborhood park. Sam was starting to pull up on everything and was becoming very mobile!












July: Samantha started walking!! My little girl was on the move!! I was very worried about how she would do with Maggie, but we were shocked when she really became a little Mommy with Maggie... giving kisses, trying to help hold bottles, etc. July was also a big eye opener for me with my post partum depression. I ended up in the hospital with the depression, and have never been so terrified in my life. It's definitely a moment I don't ever want to relive.













August: Maggie started smiling!! I was definitely busy with a 2 month old and a 13 month old! I really started to work on getting my jewelry business to take off... and I still am!






September: My parents couldn't resist, (who can resist these precious little girls) and came to visit again. They took us out to the Black Hills (our first visit) where we saw Mt. Rushmore, went to the Buffalo Round up, celebrated my birthday (gasp! 26!), and saw a lot of snow! My parents also celebrated FORTY years of wedded bliss! What an accomplishment, especially now-a-days!








October: Maggie started eating strained foods. A big step in life! Haha. Brandon and I actually went "out" on Halloween... but first managed to "dress" up the girls... we're not big on buying costumes for babies, so Samantha went as a "spider monkey" wearing her spider man pj top, and some of her monkey pj bottoms. Maggie continued the "it's your first halloween" tradition, wearing a simple pumpkin shirt. I'm annoyed, because Brandon and I dressed up as Johnny & June Cash, yet we don't have a single picture together. Oh well, pictures of my kids are 1000 times better!


November: Brandon's grandmother celebrated her 20th anniversary of receiving her heart transplant,
Maggie started rolling A LOT, and Samantha definitely started showing her sneaky toddler abilities... getting into EVERYTHING!!  I made my first attempt at getting my jewelry business "out there" by selling my creations at the local flea market... it's still a work in progress.



December: I can't believe it... a 7 month old, and an 18 month old... the girls are growing fast! Brandon and I celebrated our fourth wedding anniversary, Sam's second Christmas, Maggie's first Christmas... and are amazed that the year is over.

2009 sure did offer a lot of changes in my life... the most difficult, I'd say, is dealing with my post partum depression. Today, a difficult day. I've been having a panic attack since early yesterday evening. The visit to the doctor's office didn't help. And my kids are at my in laws. What should be an "easy" thing in my eyes (parenting my children) is really taking its toll on my mind and body.

Maggie cries. A lot. She's not happy when she's sitting, so I stand. Then she's not happy standing. After hours and hours of this, it really becomes helpless and hopeless for me. I don't want to depend on prescriptions to get me through the day. I just want to be HAPPY. Period. End of story. (Other stressors really haven't helped today either. But I'd rather just let this thing, person, go, and move on.)

Welcome 2010... may you be fun-filled, exciting, and let's hope that our family remains a family of four!!

Melissa


No comments: