She said that she may be a stay-at-home mom, but she didn't want to LOOK like a stay-at-home mom. She wanted to be fit.
Who says stay-at-home mom's are raggedy and unfit?
I have officially lost "all baby weight" from both pregnancies. However, I still want to lose more, because I was up a few pounds before I became pregnant with Samantha. I don't find myself skinny, but I am in no means fat. I'm in that middle section of weight unhappiness. However, as long as I don't gain, I'll be content. And ok, I don't "do" my hair daily. I shower, and thank God everytime I'm in the shower that I'm able to do so with 2 little ones, and throw my hair up. Make up... what's that? Make up and styling my hair are for special occassions only... when Brandon is home, and I have more than 15 minutes to get ready.
What stay-at-home mom (with little ones) really has all the time in the world to make herself look decent? I'd like to know the secret of styling your hair & having 2 happy kids that don't need your attention. Regardless... I don't think I LOOK a part in anything. I look like I put my kids first... but not like I can't take care of myself.
And really, are women in general truly EVER happy with the way they look?
The blog entry rubbed me the wrong way... to say the least. But I'm not going to question my looks with it... if I need to look dressed to the nines, I'll do so... however, I'm eventually going to be covered in some sort of baby excrement throughout the day... puke, poop, what have you... baby food will be chucked on me, snot will be sneezed on me, pen will be drawn on me... you name it, it'll be on some part of me during the day. I'll leave dressing up for the special occassions, not for play time with my kids.
And the only look I have (most days) is exhaustion. And I don't think any makeup can cover the bags under my eyes that I have some days.
Moving on.... here are a few pictures I snapped this week:
Show me your cheeks: CHEEKS!
Happy girl
Where is Samantha? ......... There she is!
Being a baby is hard work!
And again... as blogged previously: my website is running something new: purchase anything on my website from now until January 31st, and 10% of the sale will go to the Red Cross in efforts to support the disaster in Haiti. Check it out: www.freewebs.com/melsjewelrybox
Melissa
1 comment:
I keep my hair short because I don't have time to fix it with three kids. I do put my make up on every day. But it is part of my job and I do it for myself. You take it one day at a time and do the best that you can for you. Email me if you want some fast make up tips. ;). I can get ready in 30 min. Hair makeup and all. I have to with three little ones. Are you feeling better than you did the other day?
Post a Comment