Monday, March 19, 2012

Home Sweet Home.

After 6 or so hours of travel, both ways, to Madison, Wisconsin for their state Odyssey of the Mind tournament, I am home.

Exhausted? Yes.

But it's a good exhaustion. An exhaustion from a very fun day, filled with creativity, happiness, and fun. That, and not being able to sleep without Maggie in my bed. Pretty pathetic.

The kids missed me. Even if Samantha said "Mommy, I missed you. I think you should go to work more cuz I had fun not picking up my toys!"

Now it's back to reality... poopy diapers, crying, laughter, stories, and snuggling.... Maggie is in my lap as I speak, sleeping away. I love it.

I think every parent deserves a break. I enjoyed mine. I felt like myself again for a few days.

Melissa

No comments:

Monday, March 19, 2012

Home Sweet Home.

After 6 or so hours of travel, both ways, to Madison, Wisconsin for their state Odyssey of the Mind tournament, I am home.

Exhausted? Yes.

But it's a good exhaustion. An exhaustion from a very fun day, filled with creativity, happiness, and fun. That, and not being able to sleep without Maggie in my bed. Pretty pathetic.

The kids missed me. Even if Samantha said "Mommy, I missed you. I think you should go to work more cuz I had fun not picking up my toys!"

Now it's back to reality... poopy diapers, crying, laughter, stories, and snuggling.... Maggie is in my lap as I speak, sleeping away. I love it.

I think every parent deserves a break. I enjoyed mine. I felt like myself again for a few days.

Melissa

No comments: