I don't think there are enough words to describe how excited I am for this weekend.
I am lame. :)
Tomorrow, I head to Madison, Wisconsin for the Wisconsin Odyssey of the Mind tournament. Alone. While I volunteer for OotM, we call it "Mommy's job," since I am the Association Director for the Dakotas, and since I volunteer a few times a year, and all the volunteering takes me a way from home.
While I am not looking forward to the 7 hour drive, I am looking forward to some things:
* Odyssey of the Mind tournament... my passion is OotM, and I get to participate in shaping the minds of future generations, seeing creativity at its finest, and judging spontaneous- my favorite part of the program! Plus, this will really help me once Dakota OotM starts growing... my goal, and my hope!
* While I despise how long the car trip actually is, I am looking forward to jamming out to some music, singing my heart out, and making other people in other cars stare at the crazy woman belting out Elton John, Wicked, and whatever Pandora plays for me! And I won't have to listen to the Disney Princess CD! So glllllllad I won't have to listen to it alllllll weekend!
* Sleeping. Alone. In a bed. without being kicked, punched, prodded, or having my sleep interrupted by my kids.
* Using the bathroom without interruption. I love my kids, but they need to learn boundaries. And me saying "When mommy is in the bathroom, she needs to be left alone, please!" Gavin reallllllly doesn't like listening to the potty boundaries!
* Friends. New friends. And fun!
* No laundry for a weekend! Or diapers. Or vacuuming.
I'm excited. To say the least. Wisconsin, here I come!
Melissa
7 years ago
1 comment:
Take me! Take me! I'm originally from Wisconsin, just a hour away from Madison!
Post a Comment