Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Isms to share.

* On "politics."
- Grandpa Joel was explaining to Samantha that he became president of the neighborhood association. When Sam was asked what he was in charge of, her answer was simple... "Grandma."

*  Potty Mouth
Sam: "Maggie you smell like a cow!"
Maggie: "MOOOOOO!"

* Ancient History
We were playing dinosaurs. I decided to "eat" Gavin & Samantha.
"Mooooooom! Burp us up already, dinosaurs aren't around forever!"
I think I can safely thank the Ice Age movies for explaining extinction. I know I haven't.

* Dictionary
Sam: "Mommy, why do you put on make up?"

Me: "Because it makes me feel pretty."
Sam: "How many times do I have to tell you, you are pretty, because you are my mommy and everyone says I look like you. I think I told you thirty-seven forty-nine times already."
Me: "Aww, sweetie, you are beautiful. And, yes, you do look like me. I just put on make up because sometimes I'm really tired, and it makes me feel refreshed."
Sam: "I KNOW I am beautiful! And for refresh, can't you drink something?"
Here I thought I'd be TEACHING her what "refreshed" meant. However, she proves to be smarter than I already suspected.

* Growing Up
Samantha got her pjs on all by herself, and then dressed herself the next morning. She exclaimed to me, "Mommy, I don't need you around so much anymore!"

* Always a Catch
Sam: "MOMMMMMMMMMMMY!!!! I'm going to go to the pool! ANDDDDDDD I'm going to grow a tail!! Then I'll be a mermaid!!!!!!"

Me: "Is that how you become a mermaid, I had no idea!"
Sam: "YESSSSSS! You swim really hard in the water, and abracadabra, bippidy boppidy boop... I'll be a MERMAID! Like Arial!"
Me: "WOW! Do you have to say those magic words?"
Sam: "Yes! Oh, and you have to buy me the Dora Mermaid tail. Then when I say the magic words, I'll magically put it on under water, and abracadabra, I'll be MERMAID!!!"

* Ahhh-chooo!
I had a cold...
Sam: "Mommy, you have a sexily voice!"

* The Right Way
Sam:"Mom, I think that in this movie, they should just go ahead with the wedding instead of making us wait to see it before Belle."

Me: "You would make a great movie critic."
Sam: "What's that?"
Me: "You tell people what you think of movies."
Sam: "Ohhhh. I think I should be a critic-er for more than movies. I think I should be a critic-er for other things too."
Me: "Yes, you do like to tell people what you think!"
Sam: "Well, I am usually right. Just like you!"

Melissa

No comments:

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Isms to share.

* On "politics."
- Grandpa Joel was explaining to Samantha that he became president of the neighborhood association. When Sam was asked what he was in charge of, her answer was simple... "Grandma."

*  Potty Mouth
Sam: "Maggie you smell like a cow!"
Maggie: "MOOOOOO!"

* Ancient History
We were playing dinosaurs. I decided to "eat" Gavin & Samantha.
"Mooooooom! Burp us up already, dinosaurs aren't around forever!"
I think I can safely thank the Ice Age movies for explaining extinction. I know I haven't.

* Dictionary
Sam: "Mommy, why do you put on make up?"

Me: "Because it makes me feel pretty."
Sam: "How many times do I have to tell you, you are pretty, because you are my mommy and everyone says I look like you. I think I told you thirty-seven forty-nine times already."
Me: "Aww, sweetie, you are beautiful. And, yes, you do look like me. I just put on make up because sometimes I'm really tired, and it makes me feel refreshed."
Sam: "I KNOW I am beautiful! And for refresh, can't you drink something?"
Here I thought I'd be TEACHING her what "refreshed" meant. However, she proves to be smarter than I already suspected.

* Growing Up
Samantha got her pjs on all by herself, and then dressed herself the next morning. She exclaimed to me, "Mommy, I don't need you around so much anymore!"

* Always a Catch
Sam: "MOMMMMMMMMMMMY!!!! I'm going to go to the pool! ANDDDDDDD I'm going to grow a tail!! Then I'll be a mermaid!!!!!!"

Me: "Is that how you become a mermaid, I had no idea!"
Sam: "YESSSSSS! You swim really hard in the water, and abracadabra, bippidy boppidy boop... I'll be a MERMAID! Like Arial!"
Me: "WOW! Do you have to say those magic words?"
Sam: "Yes! Oh, and you have to buy me the Dora Mermaid tail. Then when I say the magic words, I'll magically put it on under water, and abracadabra, I'll be MERMAID!!!"

* Ahhh-chooo!
I had a cold...
Sam: "Mommy, you have a sexily voice!"

* The Right Way
Sam:"Mom, I think that in this movie, they should just go ahead with the wedding instead of making us wait to see it before Belle."

Me: "You would make a great movie critic."
Sam: "What's that?"
Me: "You tell people what you think of movies."
Sam: "Ohhhh. I think I should be a critic-er for more than movies. I think I should be a critic-er for other things too."
Me: "Yes, you do like to tell people what you think!"
Sam: "Well, I am usually right. Just like you!"

Melissa

No comments: