Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Ten on Tuesday.

1. My name is Melissa, and I'm addicted to free samples and coupons. I got free samples from Proctor and Gamble in the mail yesterday, and I think I might have done a happy dance, unknowingly. Samantha even said "Mommy, why are you so happy from opening the mail?"

2. I was asked a few months ago to create a bracelet and earring set or a bride. She had a picture of what she wanted, and even though I told her inding the exact bead would be nearly impossible, she just didn't want to believe me. I finally told her that I had gone to every bead store, looked in every catalogue, and looked online for the bead, and could not find it. She finally believed me. So then I went on a search for beads that would look nice. No. No. no. No. It was never "just right." I get it. Bries want things to be perfect. So I finally gave up, and realized that she wouldn't know what a bead would look like until she saw it as a bracelet. So I made one. I haven't heard yet if she likes it or not... but this is really becoming a chore.


3. Maggie isn't sure what season it is... Here she is enjoying spring, while wearing snow boots.

4. I go to Shakopee, Minnesota on Friday for the Minnesota Odyssey of the Mind State Tournament. I'm very excited, again! I love OotM. I think it's become my passion. I just hope my passion rubs off on the schools I'm trying to get in the Dakotas.

5.
Rawr!! Gavin is a Dinosaur.
I'm always amazed by what I can find at the Dollar Tree.

6. Marvin the Martian is my favorite looney tune character. There was a cartoon on with him in it, and I got a little giddy.
     Sam: "mom, you like weird things. Like the Marvin the mar-te-in."
     Me: "Yup! I do like weird things, like you!"
     Sam: "(laughs) I am weird. Like my mommy."

7. Life is still crazy. And stressful. And I'm really tired of arguing. So I've decided to keep my mouth shut. For now.

8. Have you ever had to drink prune juice? It's a very disgusting color, and doesn't exactly have a great smell. Gavin has had to drink this lately, to help with his "expulsion." Samantha told me I was torturing him. And I may agree with her, since he always gives me a look like, "really mom?"

9. Samantha wants to have "brown skin like Tiana." (The Princess and the Frog) I asked why, and she exclaimed, "She's the best singer out of alllllllllll the princesses!" We then had a discussion about different skin colors and about loving all people, because we are all created from God and deserve respect and love. She responded, "MOM, of course I am gonna be nice to all the humans. Just like you!" I'm so glad I'm rubbing off on her in a positive way. I know people that don't show love to all... and I would never want their ideas rubbing off on my children, ever. Ever. Ever. One thing about South Dakota that I don't like, is that there isn't a lot of diversity. I want my kids to understand multiple cultures and traditions... and there just isn't a lot of that here.


10. Could it be? I'm at a loss to say something? Haha. Well, I'll end this with HAPPY TUESDAY!

Melissa



No comments:

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Ten on Tuesday.

1. My name is Melissa, and I'm addicted to free samples and coupons. I got free samples from Proctor and Gamble in the mail yesterday, and I think I might have done a happy dance, unknowingly. Samantha even said "Mommy, why are you so happy from opening the mail?"

2. I was asked a few months ago to create a bracelet and earring set or a bride. She had a picture of what she wanted, and even though I told her inding the exact bead would be nearly impossible, she just didn't want to believe me. I finally told her that I had gone to every bead store, looked in every catalogue, and looked online for the bead, and could not find it. She finally believed me. So then I went on a search for beads that would look nice. No. No. no. No. It was never "just right." I get it. Bries want things to be perfect. So I finally gave up, and realized that she wouldn't know what a bead would look like until she saw it as a bracelet. So I made one. I haven't heard yet if she likes it or not... but this is really becoming a chore.


3. Maggie isn't sure what season it is... Here she is enjoying spring, while wearing snow boots.

4. I go to Shakopee, Minnesota on Friday for the Minnesota Odyssey of the Mind State Tournament. I'm very excited, again! I love OotM. I think it's become my passion. I just hope my passion rubs off on the schools I'm trying to get in the Dakotas.

5.
Rawr!! Gavin is a Dinosaur.
I'm always amazed by what I can find at the Dollar Tree.

6. Marvin the Martian is my favorite looney tune character. There was a cartoon on with him in it, and I got a little giddy.
     Sam: "mom, you like weird things. Like the Marvin the mar-te-in."
     Me: "Yup! I do like weird things, like you!"
     Sam: "(laughs) I am weird. Like my mommy."

7. Life is still crazy. And stressful. And I'm really tired of arguing. So I've decided to keep my mouth shut. For now.

8. Have you ever had to drink prune juice? It's a very disgusting color, and doesn't exactly have a great smell. Gavin has had to drink this lately, to help with his "expulsion." Samantha told me I was torturing him. And I may agree with her, since he always gives me a look like, "really mom?"

9. Samantha wants to have "brown skin like Tiana." (The Princess and the Frog) I asked why, and she exclaimed, "She's the best singer out of alllllllllll the princesses!" We then had a discussion about different skin colors and about loving all people, because we are all created from God and deserve respect and love. She responded, "MOM, of course I am gonna be nice to all the humans. Just like you!" I'm so glad I'm rubbing off on her in a positive way. I know people that don't show love to all... and I would never want their ideas rubbing off on my children, ever. Ever. Ever. One thing about South Dakota that I don't like, is that there isn't a lot of diversity. I want my kids to understand multiple cultures and traditions... and there just isn't a lot of that here.


10. Could it be? I'm at a loss to say something? Haha. Well, I'll end this with HAPPY TUESDAY!

Melissa



No comments: